Looking for Tips on rare unusual 1/32 WWI Aviation kits and related figures

Beardie

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has arcane knowledge of rare 1/32 WWI aviation kits worth hunting down and any tips on good figures to go with 1/32 WWI Aircraft.

I am currently gathering together Wingnut Wings kits and have acquired copies of all the Roden kits that fill gaps not filled by Wingnuts and to add to those I have what is currently available from Special Hobby and Planet Models and have also got the Italeri 1/32 Nieuport 17 (Mastercasters Resin sets on order for this one) one of the Hobbycraft Spad XIII's and an Encore Fokker F.I.

I am keen to know if there are any other little beauties out there to hunt for to fill my list of WWI aircraft wants.

Finally are there any hard to find/OOP etc. 'accessory' sets worth hunting down....Figures, aircraft related equipment etc. I have not found uch of a range of figures etc. on ebay etc. and so looking for tips.

Marty

22 hours ago, Black Knight said:

ach, thats easy to knock up. Just use an Airfix 1/32 Ford T as the basis.

Not  strictly

I heard a little while back that the Hucks was on a Model T commercial chassis, not the same as the car

The car and 'commercial' [a post T production term] chassis were exactly the same length and width. Difference was beefed up rear spring, same number of leaves but tougher, slightly bigger diameter anti-torsion rods of different steel alloy and different rear axle differential ratio; none of which can be seen on a 1/32 model. These changes were made by the coach builder not by the Ford factories. Ford turned out only one chassis/running gear from 1915 onwards.

Thanks for the tip Black Knight, they are a bit 'toyish' in a traditional lead soldier kind of way though. I am looking for as realistic looking as I can possibly get. I did find a few to note down on that Historex website. They really could do with a better navigation and search facility on that site. I had to troll through page after page to find the aviation related figures.