Truck 'Loading Bay' Diorama WIP

tiking

Nice progress.

Not sure if you're loading bay is inside a building, or beside one, but generally speaking loading bays tend to have a drainage channel that runs along the bottom of the loading ramp, and the floor slopes down slightly towards it.

Rearguards,

Badder

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Love it.

Use whatever you can find and do

whatever you want to it. Anything

to enhance the effect is my motto.

(Oh, and even better if it's cheap).

Looking forward to more. Please!

That how I do Pete. :) You know it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Badder said:

Nice progress.

Not sure if you're loading bay is inside a building, or beside one, but generally speaking loading bays tend to have a drainage channel that runs along the bottom of the loading ramp, and the floor slopes down slightly towards it.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder. Yeah. I did see some when I did my research. I also found not all had drainage.

• Like 1

Posting where I left off. I finally got the components together that will give me a reasonable spotlight design. I was planning of purchasing but decided, that I could not wait and went ahead and scratch built my own. I think they will look 'ok', when painted.

spotlights_components_zpsjc3njbji.jpg

spotlights_components2_zps9wucdnzb.jpg

spotlights_components3_zpsi6bosu1c.jpg

spotlights_components5_zpsc6r8mtpi.jpg

spotlights_components_support_brackets_z

------------------------------

I decided to scratch built my own security camera. Here are the parts and what I used to put my own together:

security_camera_zpsya7hh4ze.jpg

security_camera2_zpseglllmnl.jpg

security_camera3_zpsxadeqpld.jpg

The components all laid out- I made the glass out of plastic. I had to mount the see-through plastic piece separately. Then cut a second piece to provide a protective cover for the lens. Then a third inner body piece as the internal housing:

security_camera_components_zpsbkfxd27t.j

The components mounted together: I think the effort was worth it:

security_camera4_zps0doopg9e.jpg

• Like 2

This is neat, it'll make a world of difference with a trailer. Will you leave the trailer by itself without a tractor? Don't forget the garbage on the ground, well unless the employees respect their workplace.

7 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

This is neat, it'll make a world of difference with a trailer. Will you leave the trailer by itself without a tractor? Don't forget the garbage on the ground, well unless the employees respect their workplace.

I am planning just for a trailer as to not congest the area. But we will see when it is all done, if I will include the tractor as well.

Edited by tiking

Would be neat to feature just the trailer in the dock, never see just a trailer done.I made the extendable flatbed before with a load of crushed and junk cars on it and it didn't get judged at a contest. The trailer was the focal point and I guess goes against the norm.

More progress of the second truck docking bay.Added a black wash over the entire concrete platform. Then added a second brown wash accentiante the concrete. The results looked pretty good to me. Then I added the details to the bay itself:

dockwithwash2_zpscdnhsptw.jpg

dockingwithwash_zpst5v1vllj.jpg

dockwashing_zpsaovi6tvd.jpg

weathering_zpsty1kh3e7.jpg

weathering2_zpsllaczhpq.jpg

dockcorner_zpshzj8jngv.jpg

dockontable_zpsfzebebdg.jpg

• Like 2

On 2016-11-26 at 8:56 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

Would be neat to feature just the trailer in the dock, never see just a trailer done.I made the extendable flatbed before with a load of crushed and junk cars on it and it didn't get judged at a contest. The trailer was the focal point and I guess goes against the 

Very good tiking. What are you using for the concrete bay ? Looks like some kind of foam block but also looks just like concrete!

As usual I am stunned at the little details such as the rusty effect on the steel frame around the loading bay as well as your skill in making authentic-looking brickwork :)

It really looks like you photoshopped a real location into your workshop :)