1:72 P-47D thinderbolt Elieen Academy

djos

HI to all

After short pause, finished one more Academy Jug. P-47 from the 84th FS, 78th FG located in England, Autumn of 1944.

Colors Tamiya, used british colors - dark green and sky, what was main reason why i started this plane, looking very interesting side by side with US olive drab thunderbolts.

Regarding model which is already very well known, out of box built with small addition of belts maid from aluminum foil, replaced gun-sight. shortened landing gears, replaced pitot tube.....Cowling is hand painted (which is visible as i was not able to remove texture from masking tape, as decals just broke, i was not able to follow the curve). Weathering - artist oil paints and chipping was hold on minimal, as those planes was quite new and fresh repainted in England upon arrival.

So comment and critics as always welcomed. I hope you like this beast, i enjoyed building it.

Best regards

P47Deil8_zpswwtpct84.jpg

P47Deil10_zpsbedpseab.jpg

P47Deil9_zpstxdahmza.jpg

P47Deil7_zpsryy1yw5s.jpg

P47Deil4_zpsxep5hqec.jpg

P47Deil6_zps512h67gk.jpg

P47Deil15_zps3y8sbcj3.jpg

P47Deil14_zps64aj5wlc.jpg

Edited by djos
  • Like 24

Thank you all for nice words.

Regarding those checkers, they could be done much better, as i  said my impatience led to mistakes, which are very visible....but i can live with them :)

I sow work from my friends from other forums, they managed to apply Academy decals, not without problems....but it is feasible.

Regards Djordje

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely build and finish.

I really like the Academy Eileen bubble top.

I got impatient trying to dry a top coat on mine and melted the nearly finished kit....aaaaarghhh!!!

Managed a salvage job by making a less than realistic diorama but sort of saved my damaged pride lol :winkgrin: 

This is what I ended up with ...cheers!

IMG_9207_zpstyggz1zk.jpg

IMG_9208_zpsn8qkadw2.jpg

Cheers!