Hawker Audax in 1/48: What options are available ?

hendie

I have searched for some time now and it appears there is not and never will be a 1/48 Audax.   There are several in 1/72 but 1/48 is my scale of choice.

That leaves me two options.    Either I scratch build something, or I scratch and kitbash something else into an Audax.    The only thing I can see out there is a Hawker Fury - available from Airfix, and other like Lindberg. - Or is there something else that I'm not aware of ?

Is it even feasible to convert a Fury to and Audax ?  (I know very little about any of the Hawkers - I just have an urge to build an Audax)

Aeroclub produced 2 Demon kits, the first was a vacform, the newer one is multimedia with the major parts injection moulded. 

You can get hold of JohnAero here on BM, he may well still have stock of the newer kit, I bought one directly from him not that long ago (must be in last year / 18 months or so).

John is incidentally the font of all knowledge with regard to inter-war British stuff.

The Fury and the Audax share only one similarity, the pointy bit on the nose. The Fury can only be converted into versions of the Fury or the Nimrod. The Audax is an Army cooperation Hart and as such it has the high gun ring and turtle deck and single forwards firing Vickers gun on the port side.

My injected Demon in 1/48 is still available but as this has the lower decking and lowered gun ring this would mean a lot of work to convert it to the Audax. I do have the patterns finished for the Hart/Audax and Hind versions but for various reasons I haven't started to make the moulds yet and I'm toying with the idea of doing the fuselages as resin castings rather than in injection moulded plastic, combining these with the injected wings and tails etc which I all ready have.

John

• Like 3

On 11/22/2016 at 0:15 PM, John Aero said:

The Fury and the Audax share only one similarity, the pointy bit on the nose.

thanks John - I had a feeling it was going to a lot more difficult than it seemed at first glance

2 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

I like the idea of resin fuselages.

And may I suggest that a Hector (Calais 1940) would be most welcome.

Vedran

A Hector would be nice. I'd need two to cover the resupply airdrops at Calais and the role of Glider tug (with a four bladed prop).

• 1 month later...