Ebbro Tyrrell 002

KonaDawg

Hi all, 

Made a bit of a start on this awesome kit I bought a while ago.  very nice model which I will try to do a bit of justice to. it doesn't help though when you buy TS51 instead of TS15 😏.  oh well, let's see how it goes 😊 

Phase one done.

• Like 2

Looking forward to this.  That and the 003 are on the shortlist for me, as a kid I was a Cevert fan, and still remember hearing of his death on the radio.

Still TS51 looks very seventies, are you sticking with it or going to go back to Tyrrell blue?

Edited by Mumbly
  • Like 1

I like this a lot....one of my favourite periods and cars :)

A common trick used with rattle cans also applies to airbrush acrylics....stand the paint in warm water before using....do this with the thinners also (if you are using any)....you can also try varying the pressure a little.

• Like 2

Will be keeping a close eye on this thread, great looking car in such an innovative era in f1. 

Your right about the cold, if it's brass monkey's down south, I hate to imagine what it's like in Scotland. It certainly hinders spraying.

Looks like you've made a great start, looking forward to seeing it's progression.

Regards

John

• Like 1

Got mine today :) 

I had no idea that the kit allowed either 002 or 003!  I was all set to build the Cevert car, but seeing the superb mirror stalks for the Stewart car has changed my mind.  I assume the same is available on the Monaco specification 003 to allow a 002 also. 

I wonder how long before a decal kit comes out for 004 for Depailler? I have seen them for the Lucky Strike (I think).

Tony

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...