1/72 - MiG-21F "Fishbed-B" by Modelsvit - released - NH Detail PE set

Homebee

I am trying to restrict my buying to 1/48 kits now, but this one looks very interesting. Be nice to have it alongside the 1/72 Revell Mi-21 F-13 kit.

Have there been any other kits issued of this early variant?

I think VEB Plasticard in 1970's had a 1/100 scale version, but not sure. (I have it somewhere) But it is a joke by todays standard, Ok back in those days it was something special, and at least we had a MiG-21 kit to go with the Draken and other VEB kits. . . 

It would be interesting to see some photos of the sprues. While the I have several Modelsvit kits and they are very nice, there were few with a questionable quality. I hope that this is one of the new batch with good details and surface!

Even thought in Hungary we had "main production version" MiG-21F-13's I have seen at least one airframe whish originally had two guns typical for the early MiG-21F version and it had all the blast panels for it.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

Czechoslovakia Air force used only single F-13 with early type narrow fin.  With late type canopy locks and only one cannon.

Next four F-13s were delivered from Soviet Union too. All original soviet fishbeds were with plexiglass canopy back panel.

All other Czechoslovak F-13s (from number 0001) were localy produced in licence. And with dural back-canopy panel. Some Czechoslovak F-13 with solid canopy back were later delivered to Syria.

Known 1/72 F-13 kits are:

Revell - late type -  best first generation MiG-21 kit

Bílek - late type - not bad but short-run kit. Only solid canopy back panel

Airfix - late type fin - very old but best shape from all west MiG-21 kits from cold war times.

Heller - totally wrong "Mirage" wing-fuselage join. Parody.

Frog - wrong shape. Old and bad kit. Fin looks like some between early and late type

Hasegawa - reboxed Frog

Academy - copy of the Hasegawa/Frog with engraved panel lines

-----

Resin kits:

Omega Models Ye-5 -  first MiG-21 prototype. Early narrow fin but many differences from Ye-6 production MiG-21/21F

Omega Models - Ye-2/Ye-50 line - MiG-21 prototypes with "MiG-19" swept wing.

Omega Models - Chengdu J-7/F-7 -  Chinese variants delivered from late F-13 but with many differences

and sorry for my English

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 5:45 AM, 172flogger said:

Known 1/72 F-13 kits are:

Revell - late type -  best first generation MiG-21 kit

Agree completely, lovely little kit. The first issue of it also had a very extensive decal sheet with [ worth getting over the re-issue], although I think there were some errors in the GDR emblems?

Hope Modelsvit keep going with more variants!

PS nothing wrong with your English 172Flogger!!!! you write in a much clearer manner than many of my fellow English-speakers :)

• Like 2

Modelsvit  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:   :goodjob:  :analintruder:   :thumbsup:   :speak_cool:  :yahoo:  :clap2:  :yikes:  

What else can I say? ? ?

I neeeeeeed  this!

Love the kits they do, looks fantastic, some excellent details of aircraft that we would never have from major kit makers!

Of course they got it right with the "Curtain" type of ejection seat which was used in the F series, till the SK seat was developed for the final (F-13) version.

Hope they will do the MiG-21F-13 and eventually one of the two seater versions too! :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Best regards

Gabor

At least this kit has got a separate nose intake ring - something lacking on their MiG E-152A kit.

Trying to get a seam-free joint when the intake lip is part of the two fuselage halves is a nightmare.

Each new Modelsvit release is an improvement on a previous kit - more power to them !!!! :goodjob:

Ken

PS - I know there are now turned steel intakes and nosecone from Mini World - but not in time for my model.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...