New Colour Scheme

TonyR

Hi,    

Can anyone give me details about the new aircraft and colour scheme being used by the Indian Air Forces 'Surya Kiran' Aerobatic Team please?

Obviously, I know the aircraft are Hawk 132's and their colours are supposed to be Day-glow Orange and White,  Which is all very basic information, one can get by looking on Wikipedia - What I'm looking for is possible paint codes, information about the design of the new scheme, and since these aircraft are delivered already painted in their new scheme, who is responsible for the painting etc.

I have an ongoing argument with an acquaintance who is insistent their colour is Red and no amount of pictures seem to make any difference, so I would like to have something to finish this once and for all.

Any help would be most welcome - & thanks in advance.

Tony R 

If you're after the exact paint codes then emailing the team will be your best bet. These a/c were built in India therefore painted there as well ,so the likelihood of being able to obtain code specific paints for modelling purposes I would say is non existent.

However I would say that the Orange/Red colour isn't a too far away from the colour that you'll find on the USCG HH-65 Dolphins which is Tangerine, and for modelling purposes Model Masters Chevy Engine Red is a match.

Edited by scotthldr

The Red/orange colour of the (Very attractive) scheme looks to be representing the "Deep Saffron" of the Indian national Flag, although not quite a match for the roundel- which may be decals- in this picture below.

Surya Kiran Hawk Mk.132

• Like 1

On 11/18/2016 at 10:44 AM, scotthldr said:

If you're after the exact paint codes then emailing the team will be your best bet. These a/c were built in India therefore painted there as well ,so the likelihood of being able to obtain code specific paints for modelling purposes I would say is non existent.

However I would say that the Orange/Red colour isn't a too far away from the colour that you'll find on the USCG HH-65 Dolphins which is Tangerine for modelling purposes Model Masters Chevy Engine Red is a match.

Good answer Scott, which I fully agree with. Certainly not 'dayglo', but a red-orange colour, probably the same colour their Kirans were painted.

Edited by AMB

20 hours ago, AMB said:

probably the same colour their Kirans were painted.

The Hawks are a different colour, the Kiran's were the same Orange as the Orange in the Indian roundel.  

www.airliners.net/photos/airliners/5/1/5/1515515.jpg

Surya-Kiran-Indian-Air-Force-02_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Edited by Julien
Please DO NOT post up copyrighted images from airliners.net.

• 4 years later...