Revell 1/48 Eurofighter

DDELK

Was thinking about tackling this kit but wanted to get some opinions.. I heard that the intakes don't have the greatest fit and just wanted to see if anyone else has done this build and get their opinions..

thanks

dave

It takes quite a bit of patience to build as the fit isn't great and the plastic is a bit gash too, but the effort pays off in the end.

The intakes in particular are difficult to get right and will need a healthy dose of filler to sort out the various gaps. I've also had problems with the lower wings on every Typhoon that I've built. Other things to watch out for are the instrument panel (it doesn't fit properly to the moulded glare-shield when installing the cockpit so you end up with a step) and the airbrake. If you want to close the airbrake then your best bet is to completely remove the recessed 'floor' on the upper fuselage that forms the airbrake bay.

I'm currently getting to grips with this kit, it's a bit of a mixed bag. I have planned to scratch build an intake cover so I didn't have to deal with the intakes. 

The instrument panel and glare panel do need some work, but it's nothing too drastic. The rest of the kit goes together fairly well, I've had no real problems with it. I'm at the painting stage now. The entire surface was polished, primed and then polished again to an almost mirror finish. The final touch ups were done earlier and a couple of coats of my varnish mix were sprayed on. This is now drying off and hardening before the decals and weathering are applied. It's the Seek/ Destroy 41sqn bird. 

Well, hopefully anyway! :blink:

• Like 1