Plans from British Experimental Jet Aircraft - can they be found elsewhere?

CarLos

I received today the book by Barry Hygate from a BM member, and at a grance it seems to be a great book on the subject. However, many scale drawings are printed across the spine, and that makes them difficult to use for modelling purposes. Can they be found elsewhere, without that limitation?

Thanks!

Carlos

the foreword of the book says they were available separately,  from Argus plans service, see bottom of page 4.

IIRC these were taken over by someone, but you may find scanning and then rejoining in graphics program will  suffice,  there is not that much will be distorted, and you can (should) check the plan against the  overall published dimensions.

HTH

• Like 1

Hi Carlos

somewhere I read that Barrie Hygate had re-done some of  the drawings, and that  a  revised type book was planned.  

I'll try to remember where I read this.   If this is the copy you got off our sale pages recently you got a bargain!

You should  look out for some  of John R's builds of some of these interesting subjects as well.

cheers

T

The drawings were still available under the Nexus Name not that Long ago, but Nexus drawings on Google doesn't lead where I'd expected. Depending on their means of reproduction, you might be better off scanning and "jigsawing" them, as they were rather expensive last time I had a look, and I'd not be inclined to buy distorted drawings at a hefty Price (can distort them on my own ...). You may also consider old scool photocopying and pasting. Some of the drawings were also reprinted in the Aircraft Archive series, but the two I remember off-head - EAP and TSR - were also laid out over the spine.

I had a look on Abe for that book last week and nearly fell of my chair. Shoud've bought it last year, it seems...or is it Christmas approaching ?