Waffentrager Pak 43 in Eberswalde March 1945

Blaubar

1 hour ago, cocky05d said:

Hi ,got the Alan kit of the Waffentrager on the I W G D S D shelf ,seems to be a lot of steps missing in the instructions ,same with the Gespard ,going to build that one side by side with the Italeri kit.

I had the Alan kit also, however it was so bad, I used it to create more heat and start a fire in my oven during the winter one night. It was EUR 9.99, I guess this should have explained the low quality, it burned well though. 

Get the Trumpeter one, it has a much better plastic consistency and it is an awesome kit, even OOB it is superb!

• 3 months later...

Hello again all,

sorry for the long absence. I will comence work on the bench now again as the days are getting shorter and less time will be spent outside. Especially after this weekend's "beery" visit to Oktoberfest in Munich, I am back in the game.

This is where I had left the project.

Some turret interior work and snippets had been added.

34443441514_ac47157cb1_c.jpg

And the vehicle as of now

35120979192_3b7eef1380_c.jpg

Have a good week together,

/Prost

• Like 4

Ah, beer festivals. I remember them well. I went to several around the Lubbecke/Bunde area in the 60's. The very phrase "Schutzenfest" conjures up happy (bleary) memories. But I digress. Nice to see this one active again. Some nice detail in there.

John.

• Like 1

I remember, as a rather unworldly fifth-former, going to the annual booze-up of the local fishing club at Dachau.  I suspect a Bavarian Fischerfest is like a Schuetzenfest but with fewer inhibitions.  Don't think I've drunk so much lager since.  But I digress.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good evening,
I finally managed to do sth for this build again (Cut some more train parts, but thought I'd give you a break). My hand is recovered now, so I could dare getting back at it. 

The added interior parts received the first paint coats... I have actually spilt paint on the one lever on the door... No person will see it, so I might leave it or fix it....
24857039118_80f45137f7_c.jpg
38012809264_d12f602e3b_c.jpg

Added some more blood into the fighting compartment (goats blood from the butcher). Will rework the base around the shells to the right, some of the brass colour went to wrong places, but then again, all invisible later and I am not such a good painter. How do these figure painters do all this tiny stuff????:worthy:I bow to them.

37842279005_d9e98690e8_c.jpg

The engine room needs some more cleaning and paint, but all parts are in there now.

38012809234_80b9c2f354_c.jpg

The front of the vehicle is also almost done. Added another cable for the turret electricity (light).

38012809064_63de8fba99_c.jpg

The searchlight for the roof is under construction.This is, as discussed earlier, a special modification of the rail versions.Needs lots of sanding once solid and dry. It is 5mm in diameter. I will add a rim once done for the outer layer, I guess from paper dipped in CA glue.

26954051859_88a7455da0_c.jpg

Prostiprost,

/Stefan

• Like 1