Italeri 1:48 Wessex Cyprus - finished!

Caerbannog

Thanks Mick.

Here are the decals I printed. I did three different serials for HU.5 Wessex with the camo scheme I was after. I finally decided to go with XS517:

BM

After all decals were in place I attached the small bits which are easy to break off:

BM

The instructions are a bit vague and the rearmost antenna masts are not angled down enough now. Will try to fix it...

The Wessex before clear coat:

BM

And after clear coat:

BM

I am working on the rotos now and look out for that **** air intake guard which got lost. I wonder when I last time did a build without loosing a part...

René

• Like 4

Oh B0!!0CKs - that black area behind rotor head, I guessed it was oversized, but too late, I'll have to re do by hand painting on my build...... time running out.

Loving your build by the way, puts my rushed efforts to shame. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys! It is done :-) Puh - quite more work in the past days than I thought. I totally underestimated the time needed for all those decals.

But some steps back first:

I did not correct the position of the hindmost antenna mast because I feared to destroy more than I could gain. So that area is incorrect. On the real deal the antenna wires run from one side to the other. I skiped that on my build. For the antenna I used stretchable yarn which can be glued in place with super glue easily. Afte one side of the yarn is attached I slightly stretch it with tweezers to where it should go, trim it with scissors and then glue the loose end in place - the yarn slightly stretched. The nice thing about the stretchability is that the yarn dies not break so easily as a stiff rigging material:

BM

Some remaining details were painted, the masks removed and the remaining loose parts attached:

BM

Finally the rotors were completed. I managed to add a bit of life to one blade by mispositioning some decals... It is less noticable on the finished item at last:

BM

So except the still lost intake guard this build is now completed. Tomorrow I take pics for the Gallery. Still hoping to find that intake guard before...

BM

Thanks for looking!

René

• Like 4

Today I relinked all pics in this thread to my Flickr account because of Photobucket stopping third party links or whatever they call it. Of course all pics in the Gallery are lost now but I had posted newer pictures here anyway:

So ... on to the next old thread with broken links. I cannot stop thanking Photobucket for their clever ideas...

René