Led lights for 1:144 Scale Aircraft

The Floyd

Hi!

Yeah, I have used the Raven Scale Model sets in the past.

I saw them at Telford last year and so I purchased a set a week later- great kit and fairly intuitive in its construction and operation. A fair bit of whittling was needed, naturally, to incorporate the wires into the wings and fuselage but this will depend on what kit you use it with. A few photos in-case you are interested:

IMG_5659.jpg

-Battery holder and switch (the thin silver tube) secured in the bomb bay

IMG_5666.jpg

-The landing lights are incredibly bright, just like the real things i guess!

Link:

Finally, it might be worth noting that the batteries will drain quite rapidly if left in the battery holder (for some reason) so I tend to remove them between periods of operation.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Sam

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

Sam your model looks absolutely incredible mate. Hope mine turns out half as good. Just new to modelling so any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Kev.

Cheers, I could do much better if I was to re-attempt such a build now; one year of experience makes all the difference :P

Welcome to a hobby, by the way, which I have been obsessed with for the last 6 years. As a Sixth Form student, it can seem like a comparatively expensive hobby at times but it is certainly rewarding. The people you meet at shows and meetings are great, especially at air museums: in the space of a few months i've met a former Vulcan pilot, a former Shackleton pilot and a current RAF fast-jet pilot, all at model shows held at museums!

If you need any help or advice then this forum is a wonderful place and a great resource, in that respect. Best of luck with your future modelling activities!

Kind regards,

Sam

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:18 PM, cathasatail said:

Cheers, I could do much better if I was to re-attempt such a build now; one year of experience makes all the difference :P

Welcome to a hobby, by the way, which I have been obsessed with for the last 6 years. As a Sixth Form student, it can seem like a comparatively expensive hobby at times but it is certainly rewarding. The people you meet at shows and meetings are great, especially at air museums: in the space of a few months i've met a former Vulcan pilot, a former Shackleton pilot and a current RAF fast-jet pilot, all at model shows held at museums!

If you need any help or advice then this forum is a wonderful place and a great resource, in that respect. Best of luck with your future modelling activities!

Kind regards,

Sam

Slightly off topic but how rewarding and great to see a well written and mature response from the younger generation. Wonderful to see that you are enjoying your modelling and yes, as with many things (I'm involved as a volunteer at a large aviation museum), the more effort you put in, the more you get out in terms of meeting new and interesting people.

• Like 2