Neptune P2V question

TheBaron

Hi all,

The Squadron book "P2V Neptune In Action"  has line drawings of the differences between the P2V engine nacelles.  Basically,  P2V-2's seem to have a smaller inlet both atop the cowl and below the cowl,

while the back half looks to be about the same as my P2V-3 build referenced above. The following link to Wally Civitco's P2V-1 "Turtle" build over on ARC should give you and idea how to use his method of creating the cowl front.

http://www.arcair.com/Gal10/9601-9700/gal9619-Neptune-Civitico/00.shtm

Go big or go home--- Ed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRealMrEd said:

Hi all,

The Squadron book "P2V Neptune In Action"  has line drawings of the differences between the P2V engine nacelles.  Basically,  P2V-2's seem to have a smaller inlet both atop the cowl and below the cowl,

while the back half looks to be about the same as my P2V-3 build referenced above. The following link to Wally Civitco's P2V-1 "Turtle" build over on ARC should give you and idea how to use his method of creating the cowl front.

http://www.arcair.com/Gal10/9601-9700/gal9619-Neptune-Civitico/00.shtm

Go big or go home--- Ed

Splendid Mr. Ed. Thanks for the references.

Enjoying your B-45 BTW.

Tony

I was hoping you would breeze in MrEd!  Excellent Turtle article, just love a piece when it starts with someones enthusiasm fired up having previously requesting photos from an aircraft manufacturer.

One thing I've never seen referenced anywhere, was whether there were any changes made to the wing and tailplane through the various models, so assumed there weren't any.  Certainly published dimensions seem to point in no change to the span, allowing for the later wingtip tank fit.

Does anyone here know better?

• 4 months later...

On 25/11/2016 at 3:45 AM, 71chally said:

I was hoping you would breeze in MrEd!  Excellent Turtle article, just love a piece when it starts with someones enthusiasm fired up having previously requesting photos from an aircraft manufacturer.

One thing I've never seen referenced anywhere, was whether there were any changes made to the wing and tailplane through the various models, so assumed there weren't any.  Certainly published dimensions seem to point in no change to the span, allowing for the later wingtip tank fit.

Does anyone here know better?

I just found this thread, that "Turtle" is my model! No longer on the shelf,she is in pieces in "reclamation" box awaiting a refurb!

• Like 1