Italeri T-45 Goshawk modifications

tonywood

Let me see - taller fin, square tipped tailplanes, square tipped wings, new wing leading edge with flaps. I suggest if you look here it will give you most of the information you need. It is for the 1/32 Revell Hawk but the changes apply equally to the 1/72 T-45.

• Like 1

There was an article by Paul Boyer (I think) in an old issue of FineScale Modeller dedicated to correcting the Italeri kit- unfortunately I have never been able to put my hands on it :(

May be someone here on BM has it on a bookshelf...

The link for the 32nd scale kit is very interesting though and well documented - I think it's a good starting point!

Edited by Hamster Volant

1 hour ago, Nigel Bunker said:

Let me see - taller fin, square tipped tailplanes, square tipped wings, new wing leading edge with flaps. I suggest if you look here it will give you most of the information you need. It is for the 1/32 Revell Hawk but the changes apply equally to the 1/72 T-45.

Also: NACES seats, F/A-18 style cockpit, deeper forward fuselage, new landing gear, two airbrakes on the fuselage sides instead of the ventral one of the Hawk, arrester hook...

Cheers,

Andre

Love that 1/32 T-45, very impressive ! I believe the author also posts here, may be worth asking him if he has any further information.

Regarding the Italeri kit, IIRC they got the deeper front fuselage right and some features are there but wings and tailplanes at least need all the modifications shown in the link above

I'm surprised Airfix don't do one in 72 scale - they already have a Hawk canopy they could use, just the rest of the kit to do (new cockpit, fuselage, wings, tail, tailplanes, undercarriage, etc.) - simple!

• Like 2