Position of Moisture Trap

Bortig

Hi all, can anyone tell me whether its better to put the moisture trap onto the airbrush then put the quick release bit on or the quick release then moisture trap or finally does it make any difference. I know where I'd put my money but want to know peoples opinion.

Thanks for any help.

The silver bullet is like the Iwata ones, and are designed to screw direct to the airbrush and it also helps (for some people) the grip making it more comfortable to hold.

In the end it's whatever you feel happy and comfortable with where you fit it.

• Like 1

Putting it next to the airbrush before or after the quick release hinders free working with the airbrush. This is especially on intricate parts were you have to manipulate the airbrush.

Mine is on the compressor line out. Never have any condensate in the moisture trap or in the tank. Live in a flat.

Prior to that I worked in a garage and I did have problems during the winter.  Hot air out of the compressor rapidly cooling in the cold atmosphere of the garage. I did have then

a moisture trap in line half way down the hose. This did collect a few drops. This was in addition to the moisture trap connected directly on the compressor line out.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS