Eastern Express Shorts SH-330

After a rough year with serious illness the CO & myself attended Telford & I've Just picked up one of these from Ray @ 26 decals at Telford I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased this kit and what their opinions are?? 

Hoping someone else may have more info on it,  if this kit  is accurate what to watch out for etc.

I've an old MaxDecals sheet for a Aer Lingus Commuter a/c so hope to do this as soon as I restart & eventually finish  my Viscounts .

Eamonn

That's good to hear as I'm struggling along with WM vacform versions of this and a Hastings.  When you get time to look at the kit properly Eric, I'd be grateful to find out how much internal detail there is.  If not then whether it could be modified; i.e. ramp down, doors opened etc.  It is certainly on my wish list.

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Bootneck, are you doing a 330 or a C-23 Sherpa? The C-23 has a ramp but the 330 has a much smaller baggage hatch.

Paul Harrison

OK Mike, I almost got a flight on a Loganair 330 but it went tech and they sent a Twin Otter instead. Hope you get the info you need, haven't seen a review yet.

Paul Harrison.

Some sprue pics from Hobbyterra via Airliner cafe.http://hobbyterra.com/product/aircraft-in-1-144-scale-short-330-deraya-air-eastern-express-14488-03.html

Only stuff I've seen so far.

Paul Harrison

Thanks Paul,

the kit looks to be very minimalistic with the barest of panel lines and no windows.  There does appear to be a ramp of sorts.  My initial thoughts are that the Welsh Models version has more detail and I may just stick with that.

cheers.

Mike