More on Airfix 2017

Denford

3 minutes ago, BIG X said:

or the ground crew are all giants???

ALL ground crew are giants regardless of their physical stature!

I've long said that the detail on the 1/24th Typhoon was crying out for a set of groundcrew.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, trickydicky210 said:

The Advent Calendar is back

Todays is 40% off the Swift, but have been known to tease with new kits before

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea they did this. Watching like a hawk now!

On 15/11/2016 at 7:51 AM, tonyh said:

Dear Mr. Airfix

1/48 Hawker Hunter please.

You know you want to.

Tony

I mentioned this at Telford, and their guy looked surprised, until I told him there were only the Acadermy and Lindburgh offerings, both of which are innaccurate. I think they might look at that now. Mentioned the Scimitar, which drew a laugh - I don't think I was alone on that one.

• Like 1

I was in Hannants last week. Airfix is the only manufacturer that has a full length set of racking to themselves. By shelf volume it is still the biggest game in town. Having said that, the amount of new manufacturers is staggering, and the product range from some of them is eye watering as well.

With so much stuff coming from everywhere East of the Iron Curtain, Airfix are up against it. I overheard a conversation from one dealer at Telford who thinks Airfix will do well to keep going after 2017. Given his reasoning, he may well be right.

A mannequin wearing WW1/interwar style flying kit, sitting in a cockpit reading an Airfix Club news magazine
I think its something from the Shuttleworth collection.
For nearly all their exhibits RAF Cosford & Hendon, IWM Duxford & Lambeth and Brooklands don't have mannequins in aircraft cockpits

FAAM have a pair in a Swordfish, but Airfix have done a new kit of a Stringbag just a few years ago

I'm thinking RAF RE8 in 1/72 or 1/48

Well I'm having no luck viewing anything besides a 404 error message! Are these supposed to be hints about more new 2017 kit releases? 

Cheers.. Dave (holidaying in the US). 

Are you clicking the window for the 2nd or 3rd of December?

The 2nd was a competition for a Shackelton. The first window says this, then it takes you to the competition page, which now shows a 404 as the competition closed at 11.59 GMT on the 2nd.

The window for the 3rd just shows a mannequin reading a magazine and a statement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rholland said:

Perhaps if we can work out which aircraft he is sitting in?

Richard in NZ

Well I see a second 'pilot' next to the chap with the magazine. The magazine covers part of the glazing.

It looks very similar to the cockpit framing of an Avro Anson.

That is my pick!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

A mannequin wearing WW1/interwar style flying kit, sitting in a cockpit reading an Airfix Club news magazine
I think its something from the Shuttleworth collection.
For nearly all their exhibits RAF Cosford & Hendon, IWM Duxford & Lambeth and Brooklands don't have mannequins in aircraft cockpits

FAAM have a pair in a Swordfish, but Airfix have done a new kit of a Stringbag just a few years ago

I'm thinking RAF RE8 in 1/72 or 1/48

It's not WWI era: the flying helmet has earphones. He looks like a WWII fighter pilot or perhaps a gunner: why else would he be wearing goggles..

44 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Are you clicking the window for the 2nd or 3rd of December?

The 2nd was a competition for a Shackelton. The first window says this, then it takes you to the competition page, which now shows a 404 as the competition closed at 11.59 GMT on the 2nd.

The window for the 3rd just shows a mannequin reading a magazine and a statement.

Well aren't I a big DH!! 

Its still the 2nd in the US and I'm still getting to grips with jet lag and this silly tipping caper!! 

Cheers.. Dave