More on Airfix 2017

Denford

13 minutes ago, wombat said:

It would have to be the mk XXIXb with the quarter inch longer exhaust stack though.

seriously, Airfix is less than ten people?!?

And they also do development work on the other brands as well.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

when that Fairey Fruitbat Mk. XXIX is not amongst Airfix's 2017 range

In the meantime, while we wait for Airfix, does anyone know when Fairey's took over the Farley Aviation and Wheelbarrow Company?: it's not in my copy of Putnam's "Farley Aircraft and Garden Equipment Since 1897".

Edited by KevinK
Punctuation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

The only prediction I'll make now for next year is a new Airfix 2018 thread to appear minutes after the 2017 announcements are advised!! There might be some weird and wonderful comments made on these threads, however they are always great to read.

Exactly. It's the best place on BM to shoot the breeze...

And can I be the first to say that whatever is announced for 2018, well it's the wrong scale and the nose/tail/wings/intakes/wheels/whatever look a bit off.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Denford said:

Would have preferred it in 1/72, though that will surely come.  But I'm happy for those who want it in 1/48.

When you get to a certain age  :clif: you need 1/48 so that you can find the bits and stick them in the right places, as for 1/144, nobody likes a show off :bristow:

cheers Pat

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, IanC said:

Exactly. It's the best place on BM to shoot the breeze...

And can I be the first to say that whatever is announced for 2018, well it's the wrong scale and the nose/tail/wings/intakes/wheels/whatever look a bit off.

Well that 1/72 L749 with speedpack looks spot on to me and the same can be said about the 1/72 DC7C and nice to see that they will both be in BOAC colors:P

Edited by janneman36
bad edit

1 hour ago, wombat said:

seriously, Airfix is less than ten people?!?

Yes: from the lips of Simon Owen, (senior researcher) at one of his presentations.

Apart from Design and Research, everything else is on a Corporate basis: Finance, Legal, Sales, HR, Marketing, IT, Manufacturing, Purchasing and anything else I may have missed.

Never have so few produced so much for the enjoyment of so many.

• Like 18

There had better be a 1/48 scale mk XIV Spitfire or I'll just ... well, I don't know what I'll do!  But seriously, how can such an obvious gap in the market have lasted so long? This is clearly the coolest Spitfire mark 😄and the academy botch-up is the best 1/48 model currently available! Fingers and toes crossed for this one. 🙏

Edited by Reconcilor
  • Like 2

Oh well...Maybe I'll have to scratchbuild my Spitfire XIV.   👍On the other hand maybe some Airfix executives have read my rant and are changing their plans at this very moment. 😀 We shall all see at 10.00 GMT.  

Well at least I predicted one "Airfix 2017 new release" correct!

The "B-17G +  USAAF Bomber Re-supply"  gift set

I won't get too excited until the Phantom... the Mitchell ... the Swallow... the Walrus... the Mustang...and the Sea Fury are released!

Good Job Airfix!

7 new tools and at least 11 reboxings with new decals. As well as 6 variations on existing tooling.  busy year it is from Airfix

Edited by Charlie Hugo

No new tools added, but a good number of reboxs in edition to those announced on both scales, the fortress iii whilst not a surprise is a very welcome all the same. Am surprised there isn't a single gift set or  dogfight double aside from the t3 starter, I seriously thought there would be a 262/p51 DD, plus a gift set of some kind...EDIT also where is the 148 mustang????

Edited by PhantomBigStu

4 minutes ago, jenko said:

Linky to 2017 issues

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2017.html

My wallet has just gone into hiding :lol:

They have got the 262 as 1/48...........printing error ??

Dick

Maybe it will shrink in the wash before release