More on Airfix 2017

Denford

I'm hoping for a new Lockheed Hudson in 1/72 as the existing ones are simply to old or take to much work. It's worth looking at what decal subject matter has been releasing recently too as an indication. I know both Print Scale, Novascale & DK have both release new sheets of late. DK's is for RNZAF, Novascale for RAAF & Print Scale for multi-national. Hint hint maybe?

• Like 5

DK decals also has a new RAAF Hudson sheet as well as an 'in preparation' 345th BG B-25 sheet. Both cover images of the latter show examples of early Mitchell's. 

Perhaps there is some type of link there to be had. A new Hudson would certainly be another popular subject. I'll have at least 4!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

The Tempest has been done three times by mainstream producers since Frog: Matchbox, Heller and Academy.  It had also been done, and presumably sometimes seen again, by Revell.  Of the other kits only the Shark remains that has not been done again, and done better than Frog did it.  When more kits are produced outside the diminishing number of "mainstream" producers than inside, perhaps the term has outlived its usefulness, and the quality of the kit should be the key marker?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Patrick Martin said:

Look at the list of Frog kits that have yet to be redone better in 1/72 (by mainstream) ... The marketing has already been done. 

Baltimore, Maryland, Skua, Shark, Beaufort, Scimitar, Attacker, Hotspur, Tempest ...

Add P-51 / P-51A and Sea Venom.

I have it on Admiralty authority that Airfix are planning a HMS Ark Royal Gift Set + Bonus DVD & separate Rod Stewart "We are Sailing" sound track with a new tool Buccaneer, Gannet AEW, their already announced Phantom and some new bits for a Seaking HAS (and I nearly forgot to mention a cross decking Wasp)!

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, Uncle Dick said:

I have it on Admiralty authority that Airfix are planning a HMS Ark Royal Gift Set + Bonus DVD & separate Rod Stewart "We are Sailing" sound track with a new tool Buccaneer, Gannet AEW, their already announced Phantom and some new bits for a Seaking HAS (and I nearly forgot to mention a cross decking Wasp)!

Irony of that is the one thing they probably wouldn't get the rights for is 'Sailing' (Witness DVD issue of 'Sailor')

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Correct! In 1:48 scale. It is written on page two in the magazine which the B-25 pilot holds in his hand (Airfix clue from 3rd of December).

4 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

So the only thing missing that we really need for that is a 1/72 1960s-70s HMS Ark Royal to put them on!  I don't mind if Airfix issue this in parts, as I would love to build it!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AMB said:

So the only thing missing that we really need for that is a 1/72 1960s-70s HMS Ark Royal to put them on!  I don't mind if Airfix issue this in parts, as I would love to build it!:rolleyes:

1/700 would do me...

• Like 1

On 12/5/2016 at 11:46 AM, Uncle Dick said:

Well, that's a complete waste of effort. No Ship's Flight Wessex? Totally ruined it. I won't be getting it, it'll be unbuildable rubbish because of that.

• Like 6

I wonder when the next Advent teaser is going to be unveiled? I'm not really in a position to take advantage of any 'deals' so am only looking forward to the little snippits of information that gets leaked. There can't be that many - surely? 

Cheers.. Dave (still hanging out for a Venom!!)

• Like 5

On 05/12/2016 at 11:46 AM, Uncle Dick said:

You tease.

On 05/12/2016 at 0:03 PM, Dave Fleming said:

Irony of that is the one thing they probably wouldn't get the rights for is 'Sailing' (Witness DVD issue of 'Sailor')

Well, there's worse things than not having a Rod Stewart song.

• Like 1

I was reading FlyPast at lunchtime and it was discussing all the movements to Cosford from Hendon. Jist of it was that everything is immediately being re erected on arrival for display, except the Lysander, which will spend time dismantled at the Michael Beetham Conservation Centre for some fettling.

Maybe Airfix will scan that with a view to a 2018 announcement/release?

Trevor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I was reading FlyPast at lunchtime and it was discussing all the movements to Cosford from Hendon. Jist of it was that everything is immediately being re erected on arrival for display, except the Lysander, which will spend time dismantled at the Michael Beetham Conservation Centre for some fettling.

Maybe Airfix will scan that with a view to a 2018 announcement/release?

Trevor

That would be nice. 

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I would like to know if we can find a Spitfire MK XIV preserved and exposed in a museum somewhere ?

Yes, you can: http://www.museespitfire.be/indexanglais.htm

There's a Thunderjet, a Thunderstreak, a Mirage 5 and some other planes too (hint, hint - a new mainstream kit of the F-84F in 1/72 is long overdue!).

Oh, and there's a bubbletop Spitfire Mk. XIV in Brussels: http://www.airmuseum.be/aircraftondisplay/

Edited by ivand
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ivand said:

Yes, you can: http://www.museespitfire.be/indexanglais.htm

There's a Thunderjet, a Thunderstreak, a Mirage 5 and some other planes too (hint, hint - a new mainstream kit of the F-84F in 1/72 is long overdue!).

Oh, and there's a bubbletop Spitfire Mk. XIV in Brussels: http://www.airmuseum.be/aircraftondisplay/

Hi ivand

Thank you so Mr Airfix you know where to go if you want info for your future Spit mK XIV ...

And by the way I would welcome a new mainstream kit of the F-84F in 1/72..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1