"yellow nosed baskets six o'clock high" 1/24 Messerschmitt bf 109-E by Airfix

I thought for one ghastly moment you'd begun making a scale jockstrap until I realized that was the harness. You've incredible patience John, they look fantastic! As does all the other wiring and detailing you've added.

You're on the home straits now, despite trying to pickle yourself in rioja yesterday. Hope you didnt burn the spuds!;)

Tony

• Like 4

Evening guys. 

we are pretty much if not totally done now I think. I finished off the final bits tonight.

the radio wire is on with the little cone bits too. (Quich foil to the rescue) :lol:

B0E2700C-F4A6-483A-B9C4-C31D08645035_zpsbxmmvfn9

and the nav lights are painted and on.

27987D46-E370-4156-8693-D2EFC4D099C2_zpssq2tg29r

all that's left are for me to dedicate the 250kg Havana, install on the rack and take a metric tonne of pics for the RFI.

I'll post a final message and sign off this weekend hopefully with some shots to follow. Thanks for sticking with this one. About three months in total. :o but I think it was worth it. I have been thinking about the next build over the past week or two but have now started. A nice relax after that one at a slightly more manageable scale.

can you guess what it is?

8D16AC37-EDB1-4B70-9125-1A2BE1CDF4E8_zps2x0jkskz

I'll be doing another WIP if you fancy it. ;)

I'll post up and put a link here tomorrow dinner time. 

Thanks for everyone's help during the build. I'll do a full tarrah on the final post.

untill then. Toodle pip.

Happy Modelling guys.

Johnny Bench space.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 14

I cannot believe you are finished. Superb!!!! Now do not trip on the carpet while going to deposit your plastic wonder into the glass cabinet.

It has happened before and graveyards are full of people who did it...

Brilliant job!

As to your next project... a U-Boot perhaps? or a souped up Caudron G.4? Yeah, the latter, without a doubt!

Have fun!

JR

• Like 1

Thanks for the BIG love. Sorry for the lack of new build update today. My car died on me on the way to work this morning and I had to sort out a new alternator. :confused:

Dang nabbit. By the way no winners yet on the new build. (Nice realistic guesses by the way :P)

Johnny empty wallet:o

On 16/02/2017 at 9:47 PM, TheBaron said:

That seat. :hmmm:RAF? Typhoon?

Tony

Aaaaaaand we have a winner!!!

0A5FA737-66F4-4AA7-A626-DC6E8F4D5A5D_zpsliiryebn

Ive been reading up on Ceds build last year to try and avoid pit falls so I'm looking forward to a smooth build. Hmmmm let's see. :lol: 

Johnny Tiff

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 4

Hi Jonny Topical,

It's been a most interesting build with lots of new (to me) stuff - tools & techniques, and a fantastic model as the outcome, you should be very pleased

Looking forward to seeing the Typhoon coming together...so 1/72 is 1/3 the size of 1/24 so 3 times quicker? Discuss....

(I see you still haven't changed your avatar from the despised brew....)

Cheers

Geoff

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kitsticker said:

Hi Jonny Topical,

It's been a most interesting build with lots of new (to me) stuff - tools & techniques, and a fantastic model as the outcome, you should be very pleased

Looking forward to seeing the Typhoon coming together...so 1/72 is 1/3 the size of 1/24 so 3 times quicker? Discuss....

(I see you still haven't changed your avatar from the despised brew....)

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I'm really happy with the finish and look of her. Everything at 1/24 does indeed take that bit longer to do, my previous 1/72 builds have taken about a third less time. :huh: how about that. We shall see what happens with the Tiff.:lol:

thanks for tagging along, I'm glad you enjoyed the build and yes a new profile pic I think to rid myself of the dreaded brew.  :) I actually hate Stella.

Johnny Camra.

• Like 3

This build has been the stuff of legends. The best Airfix 1/24 Bf 109 I've seen built, fullstop, and with a full pictorial write up of how it was done.

The internet is sometimes 'A Good Thing'.

Thanks to BM and spiffing chaps like yourself that share such builds, we all now have a brilliant online resource to help us build this venerable kit :).

Thanks for a great build Johnny, have a real ale on me :cheers: !

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

This build has been the stuff of legends. The best Airfix 1/24 Bf 109 I've seen built, fullstop, and with a full pictorial write up of how it was done.

The internet is sometimes 'A Good Thing'.

Thanks to BM and spiffing chaps like yourself that share such builds, we all now have a brilliant online resource to help us build this venerable kit :).

Thanks for a great build Johnny, have a real ale on me :cheers: !

:goodjob: 

TonyT

Bless. Thanks Tony, you're a star!  glad you enjoyed it. :giles:

Jont.   ( I'm headed for beer aright )   RFI is up by the way. :yahoo:

Here we go, we are finally done.

The RFI can be found here.

It's been a fun few months, thank you all for tagging along with this build and giving the best moral support in the world, you guys on BM are the best and I don't know what I'd do without you. :yahoo:

so here she is

744B2A5D-52D5-469C-876A-BB1BC1156814_zps0cis53y2

There are a metric tonne of pics in the RFI, I hope you enjoy them and you're all welcome to join me on the new build.

Take care and as always.

Happy modelling.

Johnny boy.:pilot:

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 7