Airfix 1/72 Phantom FG1

Rob P

8 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

Smart. The Fujimi kit is still very nice but availability has been spotty and the Airfix one will probably have more complexity for those who like such things.

Official announcement and CAD image here

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/stop-press-new-tooling-announcement-for-the-scale-modelworld-show/

Well priced too in my view at £24.99 list.

Thanks for the Link - was the 1st time I was aware of the 1/48 Sea Fury as well.

Is £24.99 a good price for 1/72 phantom? Seems to be the same price as the 1/72 Academy range, so I guess that is what the market rate is....just seems that these 1/72 kits are creeping up to a point where it puts me off getting any....

• Like 6

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :frantic::frantic::frantic::thumbsup::yahoo:

That's good then.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Edge said:

About time too! And this from someone with 2 Fujimi kits....

Same here except I have 22 Fujimi kits and still want the new Airfix one with all the features we have been looking for

• Like 4

It's a big aeroplane with a stack of parts. Looks to have a lot more complexity than the Fujimi kit, good though that is,  and the Fujimi generally sells for about £25. So to me it's looking highly competitive. In line with Academy and significantly undercuts Hasegawa, though of course they only do J-79 aircraft.

42 minutes ago, speedbird said:

It should, assuming those intakes go together better than they look in the video...

And so it begins, even while the CAD animation is still cooling down. Amongst all the potential positives the negative must be found and  trailed.

Nick 

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, speedbird said:

I know the model in the video is only a very very early prototype but the intake joint looks a bit rough to me but I'm sure Airfix will sort it before the release it.

I would imagine its a 3D prototype.

No doubt Airfix will sell a shed load of these.

Julien

30 minutes ago, Geoff_B said:

Same here except I have 22 Fujimi kits and still want the new Airfix one with all the features we have been looking for

22!!! Blimey Geoff that's a heck of a stash!

3 minutes ago, Nick Millman said:

And so it begins, even while the CAD animation is still cooling down. Amongst all the potential positives the negative must be found and  trailed.

Nick 

my thoughts exactly

• Like 4