Airfix 1/72 Phantom FG1

Rob P

A little bird tells me the F-4J was not the Phantom that was being looked over at Duxford. The market for a FG1/FGR2 is not the new generation of kids, its for the older generation, you know the group that has an attic insulated with kits and only builds 1 in 6 they buy.

PM

• Like 3

A little bird tells me the F-4J was not the Phantom that was being looked over at Duxford. The market for a FG1/FGR2 is not the new generation of kids, its for the older generation, you know the group that has an attic insulated with kits and only builds 1 in 6 they buy.

PM

1 in 6.? That's pretty prolific compared to my current output......
  • Like 5

I'm still waiting for any proof whatsoever they were scanning a phantom.

So far it's all wishful thinking, supposition, and informal fallacy.

Whiffs we build lol

They were actually scanning the Cierva C.30 autogyro. There is going to be a 1/24th scale release next year which fits in nicely with Airfix's early war theme, to say nothing of it being a companion piece for the long OOP Little Nellie kit.

But don't tell anyone I said so...

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Smart. The Fujimi kit is still very nice but availability has been spotty and the Airfix one will probably have more complexity for those who like such things.

Official announcement and CAD image here

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/stop-press-new-tooling-announcement-for-the-scale-modelworld-show/

Well priced too in my view at £24.99 list.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 1

I wanted a 1/48 Phantom or a 1/72 Vulcan.

Am I unhappy?  Hell NO!  It looks like it will be a great kit, and it will be nice to have an all the flaps and bits hanging out 1/72 model next to the 1/48 Hasegawa ones in my cabinet.

• Like 2