FV432 From Takom 1/35 *New Photos*

The_Lancaster

Finally....

Lookie here, a fully injection moulded, full interior FV432 Mk.2/1 from our friends at Takom. Sourced from the Tamiya Model Magazine Facebook Group

photo Takom_zpsup3pv3jb.jpg

Sam

But wait! There's more!

photo takom 2_zps3wpnk6c6.jpg

photo takom 3_zpsvah0njf9.jpg

photo takom 3_zpsvah0njf9.jpg

photo takom 4_zpsjom1zxjy.jpg

Right, where's the British equipment set and figures with compulsory chipped enamel mug?

Edited by The_Lancaster
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, Murdo said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Aaaah! At long last!  Loooooooong overdue!

Now, some decent, period Brit Army figgies with SLRs, Sterling SMGs, Gimpys, Charley G's etc to suit...

For realistic poses my Dad suggested Brtish Soldiers Playing cards, sleeping, making egg banjos, smoking and going for a shovel recce ;) 

Also do we now need a 1/35 scale Bratty Van to do a good BAOR diorama? :) 

• Like 9

New Cheiftains, new King Tigers, A V-2 and transporter/launcher, new South African Rhino. Someone at Takom seems to be doing things right.

If that person is reading this thread then the rest of the FV43.. series needs doing, along with the FV600 series.

:pray:

Julien

• Like 2

On 12/11/2016 at 01:10, Dads203 said:

Oh dear ...... I'll have to have one,  I see a 436 conversion for this, having spent 7 years crewing one of these it's a must. Good to see it in plastic finally.

Blimey......thought that was one of the photos I was in!! I was 73 Bty (F Trp) 94 Loc Regt RA.......!

52 minutes ago, Riggers said:

Blimey......thought that was one of the photos I was in!! I was 73 Bty (F Trp) 94 Loc Regt RA.......!

All members of 206 Sig Sqn , 6th Armd Bde I'm afraid Riggers, we did have an Arty Ops wagon that came out with us a lot but I think it was from one of the Dortmund Arty units, can't remember which unit now to be fair, it's getting on a bit now :frantic:

13 hours ago, Julien said:

For realistic poses my Dad suggested Brtish Soldiers Playing cards, sleeping, making egg banjos, smoking and going for a shovel recce ;) 

Also do we now need a 1/35 scale Bratty Van to do a good BAOR diorama? :) 

And don't forget brewing tea from the BVs. If a fly landed in your tea it became soup.

Ah, the days of Biscuits AB and Cheese Possessed... And the delicious Orange / Lemon water additive we scoured the bottom of our mess tins with.

Wolfgang and his blue bratty wagon from Soltau is a must. He could find any "Tactical Hide" anywhere, then parked right there and sounded his horn for business. In two different hides the RSM sent me to tell him to ... umm... Kindly go away. Remarkably he suddenly couldn't speak English or German. According to the (very loud and furious) Tara, his continued presence was all my fault.

I couldn't shoot Wolfgang though as half the British Army would be after my blood (okay, and possibly the German authorities too) and anyway his bright blue van would be hard to camouflage. It did cross my mind though as I looked back at His Majesty, the RSM glaring murderously at me from the hide.        :(

Anyway, back to the subject, there are so many variations (and uses) of this vehicle that there was usually one, or many, lurking just about everywhere the British Army served.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Murdo said:

Anyway, back to the subject, there are so many variations (and uses) of this vehicle that there was usually one, or many, lurking just about everywhere the British Army served.

And in some cases - still serves

• Like 1

Recently been upgraded so it it can serve past the 2020's, new US designed gearbox and braking system and the front engine hatch is now bigger with two hatches, steering leavers have been replaced by a yoke in the drivers compartment .

• Like 1