FV432 From Takom 1/35 *New Photos*

The_Lancaster

33 minutes ago, Riggers said:

Do we know as to "when" it'll be released? All I have seen is 2017!

Ta.........

Not soon enough by the look of things.

11 hours ago, Murdo said:

Wolfgang and his blue bratty wagon from Soltau is a must. He could find any "Tactical Hide" anywhere, then parked right there and sounded his horn for business. In two different hides the RSM sent me to tell him to ... umm... Kindly go away. Remarkably he suddenly couldn't speak English or German. According to the (very loud and furious) Tara, his continued presence was all my fault.

I couldn't shoot Wolfgang though as half the British Army would be after my blood (okay, and possibly the German authorities too) and anyway his bright blue van would be hard to camouflage. It did cross my mind though as I looked back at His Majesty, the RSM glaring murderously at me from the hide.        :(

A friend sent me this;

braty%20man_zpsi2ddxktq.jpg

• Like 2

Wolfgang was a legend. My memory of him was his van turning up after we had been told that the Stalwarts couldn't get through to refuel us.

I see this as an opportunity for a range of conversions/boxings. Mortar carrier, Wombat, 438, Bar minelayer, Cymbeline? My preference would be a 434.

Phil

• Like 2

I was talking to Pocketbond yesterday, and IIRC they were talking about a Feb/March 2017 release date, although I wouldn't take that as gospel, as my memory is 'orrible :)

• Like 1

You need some yellow handbags.  Lots of them.  

Always remember 2 of my mates getting hauled over by the GCP in Nienburg whilst they conducted a road test with some non standard helmets on.  Apparently Darth Vader and one of his Storm trooper's driving a "Skip" through the centre of town was not what the locals expected to see :) 

Wolfgang, there is a book in there of his exploits. I will not confirm the rumour that if you were short of cash a Jerry of Diesel would equate to a couple of Bratties and a Frikkie.  But it was a very cold day near the end of a long exercise ;)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Greg B said:

Always remember 2 of my mates getting hauled over by the GCP in Nienburg whilst they conducted a road test with some non standard helmets on.  Apparently Darth Vader and one of his Storm trooper's driving a "Skip" through the centre of town was not what the locals expected to see :) 

That would make for quite an interesting project! Brilliant

A kit which offers a lot of conversion opportunities for Takom and the after market manufacturers but I wonder how many of them would be commercially viable.

Hopefully it will be sufficiently popular to persuade them to produce a family of current specification CVR(T) wagons as well.

• Like 3

Argh man-vegetables! Guess who just got one of cast offs last ones from scalelink for crimble :)

i wont be using the fox turret so if anyone is interested drop a msg.

Edited by ivan-o

On 13/11/2016 at 1:11 PM, The_Lancaster said:

I suppose an Abbot is never too far away..?

Ooh, yes, an Abbot please.  And at current prices it would be nearly twenty pence cheaper than the Accurate Armour kit!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivan-o said:

The only  kits on AA at the moment are the mortar carrier,fox turret and abbot!

Do they know something we dont?

The Ambo is on there as well. I had that kit once. Not the best I have to say and instructions not worht the paper they were printed on.

1 hour ago, Algie75 said:

It's good news on the kit release... however a month ago I bought the KFS 1/24 432 so as to make the ambulance version - wish I had known about this one 😩

Yes I have this kit and very nice it is. I still welcome a 1.35 kit but the KFS will look veryt good when done. Their engine is a model in its own right!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Geoff_B said:

Got mine from LuckyModel on Monday, its a nice kit and will go well with their Chieftain Tanks :D

Please post some photos! I think I'll hold off and buy from a UK supplier.