Porsche 934 Turbo RSR Vaillant - Tamiya 1:24

Cooper645

To give you all a little date, the 934 now has its Vaillant blue/green applied.  Need to clear coat it, not sure iff matt or gloss yet, a quick google should turn up the result, but in the mean time I have started another motor. WIP to follow soon.  

TY3QH2AVQaTtPHDrDq7PnY_DX_T90VdnauMwMXVP

Cheers as always,

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
  • Like 1

OK, finally got out to the shops to get some clear lacquer. (Spent last week being over the legal limit for alcohol with all the works Christmas events)

and pleased to say, it had a couple of dust coats with 15 mins between and then a final wet coat. Now going to let it have a couple of weeks time to Harden off completely, then its time to flat and polish before applying some decals and final black trim etc.

so only the one photo, now clear coated:

LpWMH3ZTadiMRBUxCxiSDTZ7ZVQuKuNfx46dC_aT

cheers for stopping in and keeping up with the build, and in the mean time while we're wating for this to dry, why not look in on the next project (VW Caddy Mk1)

Edit: Have given the coat a 2000 wet sand and reapplied a coat of lacquer. Fingers crossed for a good finish on this coat. Really want to get this done now.

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
Update on progress
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After a busy Christmas, and some time away from the bench, managed to get in a couple of hours this evening.

So the clear coat dried beautifully whilst I was away from the bench.  Have spent the evening painting the black bumper trims front and rear, along with the side sills.  All the window surrounds have had their black coat and the interior roof lining. 

The clear indicator up front have had translucent orange painted on, and the rear light strip has been painted.  Also done on the body has been the silver behind the light clears.

The body has also had another clear coat for all the trims etc, ready to get some decals applied, however I think I was a little premature as it looks the the black in the roof lining may have a couple of runs.  So I will give it till next week under wraps to Harden off nicely and then update with some pictures.  

In the mean time I plan to get all the last lot of black pieces of trim (spoiler, grilles, mirrors etc) primed and black painted.  Ready to clear coat when the shell comes out.  And then its decal time :clap2:

so look forward to some pictures next Monday hopefully. 

Cheers for dropping in,

Coops

Ok, so the clear coat had set touch dry so I finished off a couple of bits and have primed the remaining trim pieces.

LvwP-1Jc69RMjQny3i0Q99uaglNEOWRZIj_rvGq4

Thanks for checking in with the build. Should be finished next week with any luck.

Coops

• Like 5

Ok, 

nice to see a new viewer @loloskymaster 

So I spent lunchtime today painting the extra trim in semi-gloss black, first time I have managed to get the consistency right so it doesn't block up the airbrush.

Then this evening I have spent some time starting on the decals.  This build is not for the decal shy modeller, I'll tell you.

I have stopped for the evening as I couldn't face another decal.......that along with putting the wrong end of the micro sol cotton bud in my mouth. I do not advise this practice, it tastes foul

any how, I'll treat you to a little progress update.

Front view

eFM3k1VKryTHiYjtUl7murd1DGnChHEw8pY_IAiB

Rear View

u0DogE0KaeJV_1xpjFvnsajxXctMpBThNLKsl3GX

Cheers for taking the time to look in on the build.

Coops

Ok, another length of time at the bench with the decals.

Another little update for you guys, the decals still have micro sol being used on them, so just bear that in mind.

Rear End

NIgjee7w7pAv5Y39vQOpVS-a2AQtZYztkElvj_AC

Front End

8wx8vr_1PZ9T5kxfMLyBICHWyU2hKM2OodaWIW_F

Cheers for looking in

Coops

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so work has been taking up too much of my time.

Have found some time to get at the bench, and the decals are nearly done, about 98% of the way finished with them.

Here's a couple of pictures just to keep you up to date with what is turning out to be a slow burner of a build.

wtBNuoC5p7Ywgy61T4kl_5NiZk4ZTEMv33bPnYl3

2tFcETjyTJpcq-y4keutDSCkt958vMUlJlekeQJd

Cheers as usual for taking the time to look in on the build.

Coops

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

OK,

Long time since any updates, modelling got out in hold with the arrival of a puppy and newborn.  Then work got crazy busy, but finally found the time and energy to get to the bench.

painted and fitted the last few bits and here is the progression of the build.

5FyilkhxwLkilNGMIPUIKT26ZSGN7bGIL3Uh1COL

inA98wU060BEayJYxLHTfRAZf6P5OnXG9bWnowb5

ozlmHvq5OUePNATDeuNVzJUdEGOZ9yX2lL6yTlvC

A-M4T4US7PFzoIIbr55JcdRokmyEzArxVUT9GAE4

and the finished product....

krAHueP_deY7NY0ZUvPUWqYbU6lNjeXae3qDMWTu

In the RFI area a few more angles of the finished build.

Those who hung in there over this long break, I thank you. 

Third model now finished and now its time to get on with the Caddy.

Thanks for looking in,

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
link to RFI
  • Like 1

On 14/07/2017 at 11:18 AM, Hamden said:

That is a stunning result Well worth the wait!

Roger

Thank you.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.  The most decals I have put on one model!

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2017 at 9:46 PM, Hamden said:

Whats Next?

Roger

The VW Caddy is back on the bench now, but I see that you've already popped in on that one already :yes:

On 18/07/2017 at 11:58 AM, Briggers said:

Beautiful job you've done there. 

Can I ask, did you use the ts spray for the green and how long did you leave it before applying the halfords clear? 

I did indeed use the TS Spray for the green, gave it a few coats and let it Harden for a couple of days between coats, then I left it for 2 weeks(ish) before clear coating with the Halfords clear lacquer, which then had a week left covered over in the spray booth before I took a peak, didn't want dust getting in! then just hardened off for another week or so before I carried on.  Also used autoglym polish to finish it off nice and shiny.

• Like 1