My Bolt Action Army (Updated with new photos 1-13)

Texan76

I've started playing Bolt Action, a WWII war game that uses 28mm figures and vehicles (1/56 scale). I'm having a blast with it. Thought I would share a few of my pieces that I've built so far with all of you.

IMG_0974_zpswvstkqaa.jpgIMG_0977_zpsh92kmphz.jpgIMG_0976_zps4pwflkou.jpgIMG_0973_zpsmrzvxs6t.jpgIMG_0972_zpsiyh40jxd.jpgIMG_0975_zpsippzqvzd.jpg

Edited by Texan76
  • Like 19

It may be a slippery slope, but I bought a box of the warlord/italeri 28mm figures today, thinking to myself, these will prove how toylike 28mm is and I'll want to stick to 20mm. Sadly for my wallet, they are really very nice and I can feel a further purchase of two coming on. These look great, and do even more to weaken my resolve not to start yet another scale...

• Like 1

On 13/11/2016 at 10:07 PM, 06/24 said:

It may be a slippery slope, but I bought a box of the warlord/italeri 28mm figures today, thinking to myself, these will prove how toylike 28mm is and I'll want to stick to 20mm. Sadly for my wallet, they are really very nice and I can feel a further purchase of two coming on. These look great, and do even more to weaken my resolve not to start yet another scale...

Now you've done it!  :doh:

You know exactly how this will end up.....We all do!  :whistle:

• Like 1

You're right, of course, but I have A Cunning Plan...

20mm for WW2 and moderns, and I can indulge my 28mm leanings with Napoleonics.

What could possibly go wrong  :D

Apologies to Texan76 for thread hijack.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I've done, but Perry's ACW range was my 28mm choice.....At the end of the day 20mm makes lots more sense, especially to us modellers, the available range of subjects is vast and the groundscale is just a little more manageable.  :coolio: 

On the other hand one of the most impressive games I've ever watched was a 1:32/54mm skirmish played on two table tennis tables supporting several 8x4 foot boards (IIRC).  :rolleyes:

Likewise :sorry: for dragging things slightly :offtopic:

• Like 1

I have to say that I'm having a blast with this game. I have a full American force, now I'm getting ready to start a late war German force. I'm going to field two grenadier squads and one Waffen SS squad, plus a Puma and Panzer IV. If I can't get enough after that, I might do a Soviet Winter Army.

• Like 2

Bolt Action is really picking up around here to. A lot of the old FOW players play it now. I wish I had more spare time so I could give it a try. Too many hobbies already. ...

Absolutely fantastic pieces.  It's almost a shame to play them. Almost. 

28mm can make more sense for Bolt Action as the actual numbers of toys is relatively small and the action size supposedly at platoon or  weak company level. My British and Germans total about 36 figures and one vehicle on the board at any time. Of course I haven't restricted myself to that number buying  more 'just in case' and to give a bit of variety, even so I have no more than 50 figures and 3 vehicles for each.

What bugs me is the guys who bring along 150mm howitzers and flamethrowers tanks and all manner of filth to what is meant to be a small scale action. 

V1 of BA was a good game I'm waiting for my copy of V2 to see what 'improvements' have been made. 

Texan 76, those are lovely figures and vehicles, I'm very impressed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: Just finished some Germans for my wargame army. Again, it is all 1/56 scale from Warlord games/ Italeri. The Puma and Panzer IV were painted with Vallejo and Tamiya. The Panzer camo was painted freehand. The figures are late war grenadiers. Enjoy!

IMG_0352_zpssc866q2s.jpgIMG_0353_zpsz90runc2.jpgIMG_0354_zpshddxjxfk.jpgIMG_0355_zpsyp0og34k.jpgIMG_0356_zpsjafyu85u.jpgIMG_0357_zpsvoajoisd.jpgIMG_0358_zpsfvaloe0f.jpgIMG_0359_zpsgrbheah7.jpgIMG_0360_zpswvhdh65w.jpgIMG_0361_zpsyxdtjzvo.jpg