This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Roy vd M.

Fiat 806: research and scratchbuilds

Like Nick, I am sorry to learn that, Hannes, and I am happy to read you feel fine now.

Yes, I indeed, I have a new dream team on my side on this « new » thread, and this could allow me to get an accurate P-51D of the 8th A.F.

The problem for me is always the same, reading and writing on several threads takes time and if I begin to read all ones, I won’t be able to go on with my build, considering that my wife wants also to share things with me (our hobby interests her very little) and that my pro activity is very crowded too.

I have to focus more on my build in the next months, but I will try to go and see your progress anyway from time to time, for sure.

All the best

Hi guys,

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Hannes and look forward to seeing your progress again.

On the subject of who built the CS model, I came across this little article while searching for reference pics of the Napier Railton (next project)... http://www.cmamodels.com/sb-manuel-olive-sans-2.php

Cheers, H

Dear Harvey , thanks for these informations ! Olive Sans is a legend - contrary to the Morselli brothers and I doubt he built the 806 , commissioned by grandson Agnelli . And I guess , Manuel Olive would have represented the important engine and discovered the error .Sans was famous for representing even the unvisible parts of a car with the same precision as the visible parts and that´s not the case regarding the model in the CS  imho.The very bad " restauration " including wrong rear wheels , missing  parts  , rust and so on  indicates that it´s  not a  very valuable model .Visible screws for mounting the bodywork and allen screws  are not signs of a master modeller .There are many 1:5 models in the CS  . Maybe we find out more !   Many greetings !  Hannes