Revell 2017 first quarter

modelldoc

If someone from Revell is reading this, then please do BV 222C! The parts breakdown of BV 222A announced that possibility and I am getting old while waiting for it to happen.

Also Fw 200C-3 with shallow turret would be nice, since there are no Fw 200s currently in the catalogue.

50 minutes ago, MarkoZG said:

If someone from Revell is reading this, then please do BV 222C! The parts breakdown of BV 222A announced that possibility and I am getting old while waiting for it to happen.

Also Fw 200C-3 with shallow turret would be nice, since there are no Fw 200s currently in the catalogue.

Trumpeter does a FW 200C-3.....

Running away..........

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ABeck said:

Shall we really start the GUESS WHAT game ???

It´s just a 30+ days period to wait. The only sure issue is the much spread sceptical view on products from certain brands which will arise - as certain as Dec 31 is followed by Jan 01. And after the announcement of new kits and long before the first real plastic comes to daylight the sceptical view will turn into harsh discussions and statements (mostly on other forums than BM) about the quality of the kit(s) - Learnt my lesson with the 262 which resulted in a wonderful kit, as predicted.

Intervening comments shall only be made if FACTS have to be clarified.

Let´s get modelling !!

Cheers

Andreas Beck

Spielverderber ;-)

22 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Royal Navy Phantom FG1 ? ok sorry I know it is not a good joke after all ...

Patrice

In 1:72 it could be a very old tool kit. I remember it well because it was in the early 80s - I was still young and quite puzzled in the fist moments when I saw it that the RAF had such sophisticated wappons. Mind you - my first thought was a German terrorist organisation ("Rote Armee Fraktion") - not the Royal Air Force. :doh:

I bet on a 1:48 Mustang btw.

:coat:

René

On 13/11/2016 at 4:40 PM, Der Lingener said:

...The news I brought to your attention are only the kits to be expected in the first quarter of 2017 - so there will definitely be some thrilling (at least for our British readers!!) news on January 1st - then I will publish the new kits to be released from Quarter II to IV/2017!...

Michael

Given I've started butchering the Revell F.6 and FGA.9 kits into an F.5 and FR.10 I'll take a wild guess that these are in the New Year release :lol: 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Royal Navy Phantom FG1 ? ok sorry I know it is not a good joke after all ...

Patrice

I know, you wait for years and then two come out! Still, the RoG one would be the Matchbox kit, so it would be worth the trip down amnesia lane...

1/32 Hampden?

1/32 Wellington?

1/48 Beaufort?

1/48 Scimitar?

1/32 Lightning F.1A/2/3?

1/32 Harrier GR.3/SHAR FRS.1?

I can think of a few other British subjects that would get me excited, but this is a good start.

10 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

A Shackleton MR3....:rolleyes:......

Well Revell obviously tooled their kit to produce the MR.3 variant. Hopefully the AEW sold well enough that they will follow through on it. 

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, ABeck said:

Shall we really start the GUESS WHAT game ???

It´s just a 30+ days period to wait. The only sure issue is the much spread sceptical view on products from certain brands which will arise - as certain as Dec 31 is followed by Jan 01. And after the announcement of new kits and long before the first real plastic comes to daylight the sceptical view will turn into harsh discussions and statements (mostly on other forums than BM) about the quality of the kit(s) - Learnt my lesson with the 262 which resulted in a wonderful kit, as predicted.

Intervening comments shall only be made if FACTS have to be clarified.

Let´s get modelling !!

Cheers

Andreas Beck

Tell me about it. ! Remember the rubbishing the Revell Shackleton got before it was even issued? Turned out to be a pretty decent kit. OK, the rivet counters weren't happy about some of the finer details but, that's life! Of course, all the speculation above is wrong. The "thrilling" news will of course be a brand new tool Vulcan B2!. No doubt of course even in that event I am sure there will be a whole army of keyboard experts and cyber warriors ready to tell us that the ancient and worn out Airfix kit is unquestionably going to be "better" purely because the new Revell kit is produced by..... well, Revell of course!:lol:

Allan

ps - be nice if they reissued both He-177 kits, the FW-200 kits and, the Junkers Ju-290and, Breguet Atlantic

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 4

They might even do an RAF Buccaneer, or possibly a Canberra Bomber variant, but it could be something curve ball like the Chieftain in 72nd or the CVR(T) family, an even more interesting one would be an Ark Royal IV in either 1/700 or 1/350th scales as they would be popular, the same goes for the new HMS Queen Elizabeth CVF (just as long as its not 1/70th ! or an odd scale).

Other interesting ones could be them doing a Nimrod or maybe Poseidon, or doing a new Hercules kit or the Belfast :!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Surely some more big 1/32 scale Luftwaffe is possible? 
Why not a 1/32 new variant Ju 88 C-6 night fighter based on the A-4?  A great model that just needs some new parts. New tool Bf 110 G-4 and Do 217 would be great. 

British? A 1/72 Avro Vulcan B.2 would be very welcomed and a great success. 
A 1/32 EE Lightning F.6 could be nirvana, although I still hope Revell will one day do a 1/32 Swedish Saab J.35 Draken. Very futuristic for its era and some dazzling colour schemes. 

I love Revell kits. They have their idiosyncrasies but are good value for money and not overly complex, with about the right level of detail and nice styrene (although the easy on the eye duck egg blue or green colour seems to have gone). 

Whatever comes along will be interesting and I wish Revell well. The brand has been with me since childhood in the 1960s and the blue and yellow logo still has a welcoming feeling. 

Tony 

What Revell do will no doubt be dictated by the group's current owners. I'm not going to hold my breath based on what we've seen from them after Hobbico took over.

Mike.

• Like 1

OOOkay - I am sorry to have opened Pandora´s box with my "thrilling news" comment!

I don´t think this "Guess what"-thing will lead us into something except for maybe false hopes!

Let´s follow Andreas´statement: Simply wait until January 1st ... I will post the link to my news report immediately after it has been published on Kitreviewsonline.com ... promised!

Michael

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Tell me about it. ! Remember the rubbishing the Revell Shackleton got before it was even issued? Turned out to be a pretty decent kit. OK, the rivet counters weren't happy about some of the finer details but, that's life! 

Finer details? A completely inaccurate fuselage cross section and a pretty inaccurate nose are more than just rivet counting in my book (And that's not counting the dreadfully inaccurate rivet depiction!)

Oh, the new kit is a 1/32 Swift

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, tony.t said:

British?
A 1/32 EE Lightning F.6 could be nirvana

Tony 

Yeah that would figure, seeing as I'm in the process of drilling out most of the panels in a 1/48 Airfix kit so I can totally lose what sanity I have left, trying to replicate what's in the Daco book

• Like 1

To shorten the whole thing:

From my (vey limited) view the most ICONIC British planes since beginning of WW II which have to be done (new or to replace old kits) as main stream plastic kits are:

Spit (Griffon, XIV, XVIII, 21)  -  72,48,32

Hurricane - 32 (main stream !)

((Mustang III - 32,24 !!!!!!!!))

Mosquito - 32 (main stream!)

Lancaster - 48

Halifax - 48

Typhoon - 32

Hunter - 48

Gnat - 32

Spey Phantom - 48,32

Harrier - 32

Tucano - 48,32

Belfast - 72

Britannia - 72

Comet - 72

Please excuse, if I left out something  important.