Meng Mk V Male Tank @ 1/35

longshanks

17 hours ago, longshanks said:

P1040375%20Copy_zpstnwd8yq3.jpg

P1040376%20Copy_zpskxoeoh24.jpg

P1040378%20Copy_zpsclbsrk4w.jpg

Well that shelf on the back was looking bare :winkgrin:

I know it's considered old school to use tissue/white glue plus dry brushing but I've yet to see a tarpaulin from putty, washed and tinted to within an inch of its life that conveys the worn rumpled material above. Just my opinion I guess.

Beautiful tarp Kev, couldn't agree more about the pros and cons of tissues/white glue and putty. The metalwork on the exhaust is really magnificent in the close-ups. Impressive work all around sir !

• Like 1

Tarp looks spot on Kev that is my preferred choice of covering to or I sometimes use a gause bandage with small bits of tissue to make a camo net  :book:

Some times the old ways are just the best and can not be improved  :rolleyes:

beefy

• Like 2

On 09/01/2017 at 11:12 PM, Hewy said:

Modeling straight out of the top drawer,

More middle drawer at the moment but thanks

You know when you get one of those ideas, you know the answer to everything..........

You start off and reality slips easily past la la land

Stupidly you repeat that phrase I know how to correct that

and before you know it your on a runaway juggernaut ..........................

I'd come to the point where I needed to paint the red/white recognition panels:hmmm:very difficult to mask cos of rivet rivet rivet  rivet you get the picture. I know I'll hand paint it :banghead:and that's where I fell off the cliff

I'm to ashamed to post pics suffice to say it started like a ploughed field and finished like the Alps :hanging:

So I'm now currently stripping it off in situ with acetone very carefully.

P1040395%20Copy_zpscad7nwlb.jpg

P1040396%20Copy_zpsng4khra9.jpg

To cheer myself up I thought I'd post the WIP on the figure

P1040414%20Copy_zpsmomgopm4.jpg

P1040416%20Copy_zpsou1pq1a0.jpg

P1040419%20Copy_zpscepubq2j.jpg

P1040422%20Copy_zpswt251ql8.jpg

P1040423%20Copy_zpsvci8ea3s.jpg

P1040424%20Copy_zpsy1g9iudt.jpg

P1040425%20Copy_zpsjuxm3hxs.jpg

Pleased on several counts

Managed to avoid the 'pop eye' look, not easy with an involuntary tremor ..........

Didn't like the Vallejo Uniform colour so I managed by some fluke to mix my own. Combination of brown, red, yellow & white

All painted in oils, hope you like the colour

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 9

Thanks Folks

On 11/01/2017 at 1:05 PM, longshanks said:

All painted in oils, hope you like the colour

Apparently not............... :tumble:

The carpet  workshop monster has snuck out again, though how you loose a piece 10 x 8mm I don't know :banghead:

The drivers visor being the part in question, so I had to scratch build...

To get the correct / duplicated radius I CA clued these two discs of the right diameter. Once formed the CA joint is easily broken/cleaned up

P1040426%20Copy_zpsrqb98t4y.jpg

Next problem no files thin enough for the vision slot 0.75mm (Does anyone know of any super thin files?)

So I had to cut the front plate to form the slot and butt join together. The inner plate was done the same way but cut to form an overlap joint. Result solid as a rock

P1040427%20Copy_zpsjjhqlg8c.jpg

P1040428%20Copy_zpsbdkhvilq.jpg

P1040429%20Copy_zpsfgdvclqo.jpg

Four different diameters of brass rod, two of alloy tube, foil and two thickness of plastic card. 18 pieces later.....
P1040430%20Copy_zpsyj3tpdho.jpg

Red and white ID marks successfully sprayed on, now why didn't I do that in the first place :rolleyes:

Decals added, already for weathering

P1040432%20Copy_zpshqh1hq41.jpg

P1040435%20Copy_zpsjsqsn234.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 12

Cheers Guys!

Keith

The exhaust has gone to museum of exhausts, thought I'd never be able to produce another one like that so it's got it's own glass case :rofl:

I wasn't happy with the way the tracks were sitting, so they came off, thought I'd leave until I've done most of the weathering :shrug:

The exhaust goes every where, so again left it for last. The fit is so good it just plugs in!

Calling the figure finished

P1040455%20Copy_zpspiaejm9y.jpg

P1040456%20Copy_zpshisr5f1n.jpg

P1040457%20Copy_zpskj3r5kf1.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Kev

• Like 9

dunno how I missed the last few episodes of this build, but on the plus side, it gave me more to read through when I got back.

The figure painting is top class - really impressive (as is everything else in the build)

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words Guys, much appreciated. I will admit to being chuffed with the figure after a lapse of some 15 years in figuring painting. I did try and get up to date with acrylic but................ For me working with oils and enamels is just so much more controllable.

I spent last night with the support of fellow club members wrestling the tracks on. Having you guys around certainly helped, thanks Guys. Pics to follow after I've examined them in the cold light of day

Kev

Brilliant scratch job on the hatch. There's no way I could have done that. And the figure is superb. I much prefer enamels for figure painting but I'm going to have a go with oils as well after seeing yours.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1