Meng Mk V Male Tank @ 1/35

longshanks

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Martian (modelling with a snarl and a ray gun)

23 hours ago, longshanks said:

Please don't feed or tease the wildlife

:poke:

I warned you ..................

Now the beastie is out :dinosaur:

Martian said on aircraft WIP "Clearly you are not aware that I am considered quite a catch back home! "

I think he meant they are still trying to catch him :evil_laugh:

Kev

PS Thanks for the back handed comment

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, longshanks said:

I warned you ..................

Now the beastie is out :dinosaur:

Martian said on aircraft WIP "Clearly you are not aware that I am considered quite a catch back home! "

I think he meant they are still trying to catch him :evil_laugh:

Kev

PS Thanks for the back handed comment

Any time Kev, you know that. As to the Beastie being out, it's your fault for not closing the door behind you when you came into the armour section.

Martian (on the rampage)

• Like 1

Thanks Guys your support always welcome

8 hours ago, Dads203 said:

You done this stuff before haven't you

Your right Dan you caught me :(

I think the last tank I built was Airfix and came in a plastic bag............. :winkgrin:

There has been a lot of talk about the interior, is it worth it etc.  ............

Before I stick it on the base I thought I'd try and get some pics of the interior. Please bare in mind I'm using a pocket camera and you can see a lot more with the Mk1 eyeball but at least you'll get a flavour - enjoy

P1040473_zps0lpt8yyl.jpg

P1040474_zpsi7gaxgno.jpg

P1040482_zps0uarllap.jpg

P1040493_zps9j2h9a4v.jpg

P1040495_zpsohqej4vh.jpg

P1040498_zpsm60p537s.jpg

P1040499_zpsa8n6lejg.jpg

P1040502_zpsgufsxigv.jpg

I'll repeat what I've said before. I have all but completed the build and both sponsons can still be clipped on & off !! Due to the nature of the build I don't think it's is feasible to make the roof removable but I'm sure someone can prove me wrong...

So there you go you pays your money and....

Hope I've made the decision easier for you

Cheers Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 11

A brilliant build Kev. You don't have to convince me, I have the model and the "Corporal Clegg" figure in my stash.

You have done an excellent job on an excellent kit.

My very sincere compliments on a job well done sir !

:)

• Like 1

Well you have convinced me 100% Cracking build and the details just stand out a mile

I want one will have to see if I can get hold of this or a similar kit at the Huddersfield show in a couple of weeks time.

And I did tell Mrs Beefy that I was not buying any kits this year oh well there goes another new year resolution failed  <_<

Thanks Kev

Beefy

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just caught up.....Great save on the paintwork, love all the extras!  :thumbsup:

He's not too bad at it really Sarge :rolleyes:

it's going to be one of those landmark builds that sets the bar very high once finished. It really make me want to build one of these now :) 

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your kind comments, it's your support and encouragement that that makes me push myself.

It would seem you have enjoyed this build as much as I have.

However all good things must come to an end......

All that remains to be done is a Matt coat and some graphite work but I want to leave the paintwork settle a couple of days before applying.

So last pics in this WIP

P1040522%20Copy_zpsvejwhzgv.jpg

P1040516%20Copy_zpsafdgnnlo.jpg

For those who follow a couple of notes that may ease your path

Engine, compartment and chassis can be left separate until closing up. Makes painting a lot easier.

The PE pistol port covers can be tricky to position. I used PVA (white woodwork glue) this enables easy positioning. Surprisingly strong, stood up to being stripped with acetone.

If you going for the red & white ID on the Commanders & Drivers cabs paint them before fixing....

Tracks are fiddly, probably due to my own ineptitude. My suggestions. It WILL be 91 links, clip together, wipe joint with the like of Tamiya thin. Lay the outside face onto masking tape, the individual link joints are not strong. Before laying on the tracks cut of the teeth on the drive sprocket. They can't be seen and it gives a bit of wiggle room.

Lastly in general terms if it doesn't fit you've got paint in the joint or it doesn't go where you're trying to put it.

It's been great fun, thank you again for accompanying me on the journey

Kev

• Like 6

On 1/18/2017 at 4:41 AM, longshanks said:

Cheers Guys!

Keith

The exhaust has gone to museum of exhausts, thought I'd never be able to produce another one like that so it's got it's own glass case :rofl:

I wasn't happy with the way the tracks were sitting, so they came off, thought I'd leave until I've done most of the weathering :shrug:

The exhaust goes every where, so again left it for last. The fit is so good it just plugs in!

Calling the figure finished

P1040455%20Copy_zpspiaejm9y.jpg

P1040456%20Copy_zpshisr5f1n.jpg

P1040457%20Copy_zpskj3r5kf1.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Kev

Very nice painting Kev, but can I ask a question how long are his legs from knee cap to feet?

Regards

Richard

• Like 1