Italeri - FIAT 806 Grand prix - 1:12

1 minute ago, triumphfan said:

Hi Andi,

great move to post your build seperately. I must say it was quite a delight to run through the story so far again.

The latest pics are pure eye candy :D

Atb, Steve.

Thanks Steve, good to catch up again - YES, you may have missed the last lot in the summer as you ponced around the Med' having a far better time than me .................:huh:

• Like 1

I'm very happy to be able to admire your impressive build in a single thread, its progress not beeing interrupted by other posts, other same builds.

So, we can appreciate much better your amazing construction, and your  great  art of weathering.

I like very much the leaves behind the radiator grill :)

Many thanks for sharing

CC

• Like 2

Hurrah!

I'd just about got to the point of deciding that the rest of my build would be OOB (no wheel lacing, no fancy bonnet etc.), when I see your new thread. Allowing for my new family commitment I am determined to see this build through. Many, many thanks Andi.

:D

Banny

• Like 2

Count me back in on this one, I really enjoyed the early stuff in the old thread that various builders were offering advice on, improving the OOB kit, body improvements, riveting, wheel re-spoking, detailing etc & vontrips lovely resin tyres but I'm afraid it all got way too complex for me. Don't get me wrong if modellers want to try & build a historically accurate replicas that's fine but it almost  made me lose interest in the kit. Anyway good to see it back, seeing the images as you a presenting them gives you the feeling that we can all squeeze a bit more out of the kit & get something we would be proud to have on display. Keep it coming 

Best Regards Mac

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, silver911 said:

Yep....that works for me....absolutely stunning......great to have an update on this masterpiece Andi :)

Regards

Ron

Thanks Ron' .... please excuse the lack of a narrative, but in truth I just want it done now, and posted only because of the commitment I made to do so. I don't wish that to sound mean spirited but it's been kicking about on the bench for a year now and I feel I should move on to pastures anew.

Happy to answer questions if you have any, otherwise enjoy the pic's if you will ..... :)

• Like 2

I can certainly sympathize with your feelings about it kicking around for a long time and wanting to be done with it. I have the same sentiment regarding my Mercedes. I took the summer off and now I can't seem to get motivated to get back to it; I've lost interest in it and there are other things that I want to build. I've been looking at it and my 935 for a while now and I know that I need to finish both before moving on. 

I'm hoping to get inspired by your build and the great weathering and attention to detail that you have put into this build by creating the narrative and bringing it to life. I can really see this car being discovered after decades of being hidden away. I'm going to use this build as a reference when I do start seriously building the Alfa. I won't be able to achieve anything like what you have done here but I will attempt to try and use it as inspiration for a just raced version. Great to see you back on this!

• Like 2

Excellent work Andi, glad you have kept at it and posted progress, even after the thread seemed to get hijacked into how accurate the kit was.

Which when you see skill like this pale into insignificance anyway

• Like 2

Excellent work Andi, I totally agree with all who have said that this should be completed. I understand how tiresome it has become with the 'intervention' of the accuracy police on the original thread !!

On the upside, you are very close to the finish line on your initial vision. I must say, the execution of which, is completely spot on to my eye.

It will be nice to applaud the finished product as others circle each other searching for the 'truth' :unsure:

Well done Andi bloke.

• Like 2

@colin and @triumphfan 

The 'others' are still watching and following this thread with interest. It is not necessary to -yet again- tell us (or imply) that what we do is inferior to the work that is being done here, or to make fun of us. We enjoy the hobby, as does Andi and as do you, each in our own way. May I please ask you to just stop referring to us as 'accuracy police' and 'thread hijackers' and degrading our work by describing it as 'insignificant'. It never is insignificant if people are having fun working on it. None of the posts in our new thread is disrespectful in any way to Andi and/or his marvelous weathering artistry. And why should they be? There's no reason whatsoever. Let's finally join forces in creating and admiring this beautiful modeling subject, the Fiat 806, together.

I do hope from now on we can treat each other not as 'two groups' but as one group of modelers interested in the Fiat 806. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, triumphfan said:

Just noticed the improvement to the brake hubs Andi. They look better now with a bit of added width. Just for clarity, how much width did you add? 

Personally, I think it is a smidgen wide for my eye but that is just personal opinion :rolleyes:

Actually only about a mill' ... just a simple disc of plasticard. But that outside rim is a band added all round to unify it - the old and the new. So that makes it look a lot wider than it is. Also in that last pic' the wheel has slipped off the spindle a bit making it look much wider than it is. Having said that, there's no science anywhere I just eyeballed it for effect and muscley looks.

• Like 1

It's the detailing on the rims of the wheels that caught my eye....takes them to another level.....superb attention to realism.

Personally....as a like minded builder who doesn't do 'showroom' finishes....I can lose myself in the weathering on this piece....and am not ashamed to admit stealing pictures of your work on this piece....to add to my reference library ;)

So you see...you have to finish it Andi....or my library will be incomplete :(

Regards

Ron

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silver911 said:

It's the detailing on the rims of the wheels that caught my eye....takes them to another level.....superb attention to realism.

Personally....as a like minded builder who doesn't do 'showroom' finishes....I can lose myself in the weathering on this piece....and am not ashamed to admit stealing pictures of your work on this piece....to add to my reference library ;)

So you see...you have to finish it Andi....or my library will be incomplete :(

Regards

Ron

You're very welcome Ron' ... and of course, that's why the original thread was started ... and not to fret - I will finish this project if only because there is I'm sure, the odd character who is out there trying to improve along with me.

Please post your progress (in here if you want) I'd like to see how you're getting along too.

Cheers for now.

• Like 1

Andi

I'm lost for words (and that's a first!). I'll finish my current mini-build (Belkit Skoda) and get back to the 806. This is inspiration to the nth degree!

Keep it up Bloke.

John:worthy:

• Like 1