Italeri - FIAT 806 Grand prix - 1:12

Welcome all ... new and old.............

Forgive the redundancy of another apparent 806 build, but due to circumstances beyond my control, and the divergent nature of its previous home, I thought it more sensible to allow this build to proceed independently.

In order to place everyone on the same page and ensure we're all at the same speed, I shall post a pictorial history of the build to date. This should enable folk to access any areas of interest quickly, it will be picture rich initially, but I'll try and post them in familial groups so should anyone have a question it can be answered (hopefully) as succinctly and expediently as possible.

Cheers everyone .......................................

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, silver911 said:

Well done for not depriving us of this lesson in pure craftsmanship.

And much respect for not giving in to certain 'pressures' beyond your control.

So pleased we will get to see it finished mate.

Nice one :)

Thank you ... whilst not wishing to get at all politic, it's good to know this move is appreciated - In the end it seemed the only sensible solution.

I appreciate you taking the time to say so - stick around.  👍

Andi, Most happy you have segregated this thread. Having a choice for members of duplicating a prototype's engineering or creating automotive art (as I am trying) , I will enjoy this presentation greatly. I can appreciate the efforts and accomplishments of others, but your work is a treat to my eye.

I have deduced how you have achieved such perfect patina; years ago, you have buried in your backyard, every type of alloy and ferrous metal and now dig them up to duplicate those oxidations and corrosions in paint and powder. Ingenious.

My own level of 'deterioration' is less aged as I wanted my car to portray frequent use. You have chosen a wonderful setting for your work and I applaud that.

Watching intently and enjoying.

• Like 2

Hi Andi,

great move to post your build seperately. I must say it was quite a delight to run through the story so far again.

The latest pics are pure eye candy :D

Looking forward to seeing this progress to it's conclusion. I am hoping to get my build back on the bench soon.

Atb, Steve.

• Like 2

Well guys, this now pretty much brings us back up to date, you have direct access to most of the build pic's should you need to check on anything. I am very appreciative of the general support that has been forthcoming for the segregation of the thread - I did fear I may have been standing there alone at the last, but it's great to see so many familiar names appearing.

It probably shouldn't need to be said but let me just say - any one of you is more than welcome to show your progress or latest update within this thread should you want to, I'd be happy to have you along for the ride.

806-63_zpshl927sxe.jpg

This is where we got to then ..... there has been a bit of progress, although not a lot to see as yet. I shall, of course, make sure you're all the first to know.

CHEERS LADS...............

• Like 4