Flory/Promodeller Weathering Wash

CharlieNZ

What's the difference between these and Phil Flory's washes? They seem to be very similar (even having the same name in some cases).

I would say not much, they are both clay based washes, the colours might vary slightly but they are very similar products.

Rich

• 7 months later...

I believe Promodeller and Flory model s are the same. Phil originally sold them under the Promodeller name (along with other things dvds etc) but there was another company, or a trademark, also called Promodeller so he had to change to Flory Models :)

• Like 1

Not quite correct.  Phil started with Flory wash, which was sold to an unnamed third party who appeared to do nothing with it (to my knowledge).  Then a new company from Phil called Promodeller came into existence using a different formulation.  They changed their name after some trademark issues and I think we're now up to date.

I have all the Flory washes and would say its just convenience.............having said that, I am not keen on them, I rarely use them as I prefer to use my own concoction

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I use Dark dirt as a standard.

As will have been said elsewhere, Flory washes MUST be applied on gloss surfaces only, which must be thoroughly cured. I wait one week for enamel varnish (Gloss Cote)

Martin