1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Kitty Hawk - released - upgd kit boxing released

Homebee

9 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Looks good in the box as others have said.

All these new tooled Flankers but still no MKI/MKM/MKA :(

Check out the clear sprue,to me it looks like one gate is closed so larger space beside single seater canopy could be for biger twoseater ..wishfull thinking :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petarvu said:

Check out the clear sprue,to me it looks like one gate is closed so larger space beside single seater canopy could be for biger twoseater ..wishfull thinking :lol:

The canopy was made with slide moulding tool, you need some space for that. Sorry it is not for something "bigger", well it is for the moulding form.

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, petarvu said:

Unfortunately? there is no 2 seat Su-35 at the moment that could be based on these molds... apart from some weapons!

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Our review sample arrived today, which is good news :)

Do you care to do a side by side with Kinetic Su-33? Just one or two pictures will suffice. Obviously, they are different but would love to see how the quality of the details compare. 

Edited by foxmulder

10 hours ago, exdraken said:

Unfortunately? there is no 2 seat Su-35 at the moment that could be based on these molds... apart from some weapons!

Yes,but MKI/MKM/MKA/SM we were talking about could. You missed the point,with new fuse and wertical tails lots of other stuff could be used for mentioned twoseater versions...

It was all daydreaming anyway

Cheers... 

• Like 1

Hello all. Personally I am very excited about this kit, hopefully it will still build into a nice representation of the real thing..

Can anybody on here please shed more light for me on the below picture. I have not been able to find any other pictures of the aircraft in this scheme. I hope it is original as I would really like to paint mine in these colors but I am starting to suspect that the photo might be photo shopped or something. Thank you in advance

A_zpsqrgh3wel.jpg

2 minutes ago, horrido109 said:

Hello all. Personally I am very excited about this kit, hopefully it will still build into a nice representation of the real thing..

Can anybody on here please shed more light for me on the below picture. I have not been able to find any other pictures of the aircraft in this scheme. I hope it is original as I would really like to paint mine in these colors but I am starting to suspect that the photo might be photo shopped or something. Thank you in advance

A_zpsqrgh3wel.jpg

Hi!

Yep, a photoshop from this one:

anypics.ru-31559.jpg

Having received my kit yesterday I cannot tell about the plastic and ist correctness (there is a wondorful thread over on arc).

But some words on the instruction and what you have to await:

-There is no colour chart/table

-some colour instructions, just examples, are obscure as

--"Air Superiority Blue" for the cockpit

--"Medium Sea Grey FS318C/637" ((whatever this is)) for the ldg gear bay and others

--FS 36118 for the radome

--Upper surface camo ((for the dark Grey planes)) as "85% Propeller Color + 15% RLM 75" and "RLM 76" for the lower surfaces.

This is accompanied by some more or less impotant faults in the colour plan views.

Let me say it like this: It is suboptimal with a lot of space for further development.

HTH

Andreas Beck

6 hours ago, ABeck said:

--"Air Superiority Blue" for the cockpit

FS35450 is 'air superiority blue' and looks reasonably close to the Flanker cockpit.  Not an ideal colour note, but not *awful*

--"Medium Sea Grey FS318C/637" ((whatever this is)) for the ldg gear bay and others

Typo.  BS318C/637.  As in, RAF Medium Sea Grey.

--Upper surface camo ((for the dark Grey planes)) as "85% Propeller Color...

To be fair, while this sounds *phenomenally stupid* as a colour call-out, Gunze make a paint called "Propeller Color" (sic).  

In fact, they're all Mr. Color shades.  Air Superiority Blue is #74; Med. Sea Grey is 335; Prop colour is 131.  Of course, if they don't actually *say* they're quoting Gunze paints that's... pretty terrible.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seen on another forum that A.M.U.R Reaver are releasing drooped nozzles for the Su-35, they look impressive. Strangely I can't seen anything on there website.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Muzz said:

I seen on another forum that A.M.U.R Reaver are releasing drooped nozzles for the Su-35, they look impressive. Strangely I can't seen anything on there website.

Yeah, drooped nozzles would 've been great!

Got my kit this week abd it looks very nice! 

I think on facebook they mention these nozzles!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Yeah, drooped nozzles would 've been great!

Got my kit this week abd it looks very nice! 

I think on facebook rhey mention these nozzles!

Your right, off their Facebook page.

Screenshot_20170721-231251.jpg

• Like 2

I ordered this morning, I don't have the kit yet, think these will sell out quickly like the Su-30 exhausts.

Muzz

19 minutes ago, Muzz said:

I ordered this morning, I don't have the kit yet, think these will sell out quickly like the Su-30 exhausts.

Muzz

I did the same :)

I ordered Begemot decal sheet too

cheers

• Like 2