The Boeing B-17 STGB Chat

vppelt68

When: 20.10.2018 to 20.01.2019

With the recent arrival of the new Airfix kit and a good supply of Revell, Academy and Hasegawa kits already available in 1:72, oldie but goldie Monogram G in 1:48 and the HK monster in 1:32 scale, isn´t it high time to have the B-17 single type group build at Britmodeller? @old thumper can dig up a Matchbox one :coolio: . I don´t even start to list the options there are for these builds... As 2017 will be the year of the jets, why not counter attack with quadruple props in 2018?!

Regards,

1) V-P

2) old thumper

3) wamwig

4) PhantomBigStu

5) Arniec

6) specky

7) theplasticsurgeon

8 mungo1974

9) DaveJL

10) modelling minion

11) Romeo Alpha Yankee f.k.a. TrojanThunder

12) jrlx

13) tonyot

14) S48

15) JOCKNEY

16) rob85

17) SleeperService

18) Sgt.Squarehead

19) Sabre_days

20) Sobby_23

21) RJ-WobblyHands

22) pizzapaolo

23) Graham77

24) Rafwaffe

25) DarylH - thank you!

26) Enzo Matrix

27) tomprobert

28) Thom216

29) TonyTiger66

30) Harrywilliams

31) Rabbit Leader

32) stevej60

33) DJJunis

34) DaveyGair

35) neil5208

36) MarkSH

37) Canso65

38) Tweener

We're going in!!!

• Like 3

Just now, PhantomBigStu said:

but its not inclusive enough 

PBS, I´m too tired to comment further about inclusivity (?) or not... This is an STGB proposal, should I have wanted more ground equipment etc. then this would´ve been subjected to The Vote. No thanks :coolio:! Anyone can try to build "a small vignette" :lol: with a Fortress being reloaded and serviced. Regards, V-P

3 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Of course I'm game for this one, though my track record with heavies is appalling, Im sure that will end by 2018, reminds me perhaps should propose a lanc STGB to go with it :)

I would be happy to join a Lancaster group build.

Just now, specky said:

This looks like the perfect excuse to (slightly) delay starting a YB-40 conversion, so count me in please

Here's one of those that I did earlier.  http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/222481-tims-academy-b-17f-as-a-yb-40-gunship/  Academy B-17F donor kit, Paragon conversion set.

YB40Afternoon001.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Here's one of those that I did earlier.  http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/222481-tims-academy-b-17f-as-a-yb-40-gunship/  Academy B-17F donor kit, Paragon conversion set.

YB40Afternoon001.jpg

Nice one!

I'd kept my eyes peeled for ages looking for that conversion set, without any luck, until I decided that all I really needed was an Airfix B-26 for the extra upper turret and the rest looks like simple enough scratching.

Craig

Those sound great Tony...

Me...well i've always had this crazy idea about building a B-17 from each 8/15th Air Force Group that flew Fort's including afew of the lesser known units...just maybe time to start....LOL...dunno where I'd put 30 odd B-17's mind you..

• Like 1