Heritage Aviation 1/48 Wessex HC2

noeyedears

Come to a bit of a halt. i have misplaced a the bulkhead from the interior. ill give it a week and then scratch a replacement if it doesnt turn up. been filling in time burnishing the pe , adding the grills and gluing the seats together, ill have to make some belts and straps for them as nothing is supplied. pics when there is something worth getting the camera out for,.🚮.

• Like 3

looks like the bulkhead has gone permenant walkies so ill have to make another. at least i took a pic of it so i know what it looked like. small mercies.
been very busy lately so not much done (as per usual). decided to spruce up the seats with some tamiya tape belts and strap. nothing too clever, but better than the stock ones anyway. (I have re-secured the belt thats trying to escape too.)

31219227662_7d2a10fa44_o.jpg
30541459874_29ed7226d7_o.jpg

also added the pe grills to the tail, they actually look good, which is a change for this kit.

30555658863_a55e383d02_o.jpg
30994317020_97a4e25c5b_o.jpg

• Like 3

As i thought, the bulkhead never showed up so a new one has been made. it looks better than the kits one did anyway and only took a couple of hours. I suppose i had better crack on with the rest of it now.
31310327521_d9c80cf609_o.jpg 

As near as I could get to the real thing without spending half a lifetime on it. slightly better than the frankly embarrassing kit offering.

31425198625_33b7f0174b_o.jpg

• Like 1

quick question, im doing a HC2 and have seen various pics of various copters, but, i still cant figure out if you are supposed to be able to see right through from the cockpit to the rest of the inside. This is how the kit would have you do it. Is this really correct or should i skin the floor to block it off?

30627748843_0cc28a93a2_o.jpg

Those openings appear to be correct. The pilot's seats are hinged in order that the seat can be raised to almost vertical; this allows a limited access from the cabin up to the cockpit area. 

P1090716_1000.JPG

I have seen the crewman push up the spare seat, from the cabin, and chat to the pilot in the left hand seat whilst the aircraft is airborne. 

Mike

What Mike says, the floor level access is right and common to all Wessexes I've seen

That resin looks very good, in some ways it makes a more visually appealing model

Doing nicely, I'm enjoying this build

B

Thank you both for the advice. i was wondering that maybe the gaps were there because they were just display aircraft and the floor had been removed because of that. 

Now i can get on with it. cheers chaps.

there is something about resin models that is pleasing. I have done a few recently and they are usually a bit rough looking. it seems to suit some subjects more than others. Damn hard work though compared to a nice sharp well fitting plastic one.

• Like 1

Colin Clunky is far too polite. this kit stinks. 😒

the bulkhead is in, floor dirtied up a bit.. i may put the plastic or whatever it is door in yet after doing a bit of wiring. the flash makes it look very harsh, a bad pic im afraid.
31349260952_bd552a380c_o.jpg

the wonderful pit. i wish i had some nice pe but ill have to make do. ill try to spruce it up with some wiring a few switches and some bodged throttle handles. i think i have some generic dial decals stuffed in a drawer somewhere, if not ill have to get some more i think.
31495656385_d2cae7b216_o.jpg

this is the cabin roof. yup, thats all you get. any sound proofing , lights, dancing girls etc will have to be bodged. thanks Heritage.
30654971684_be2ea34b2f_o.jpg

on a side note the missus threatened violence upon me if I didnt do something about my carefully laid out "workshop"
I cant see the problem....
31495663095_4139f209da_o.jpg
31124448450_5f4dbe2170_o.jpg

three hours of my life Ill never get back, and on top of that i now cant find a thing. now all the crap...um ... i mean essential items have been tidied she has noticed the enamel was stain (awww nuts). so a new (enamel wash coloured) carpet will have to be bought. still, at least i avoided a thrashing.
31380073201_df1f5ba6a5_o.jpg
31380073311_4a9e8f4ff8_o.jpg

• Like 3

took a bit of headscatching and swearing, but it doesnt look too bad. the cyclics needed making and the collectives needed the cable conduit adding. most of the dials have either small decals or a few blobs of paint in them but the receeses were so deep that now the crystal clear is dry you wouldnt know unless you squinted at them. I should have reduced their depth beforehand with plasticard discs or even filler. lesson learned.throttle handles added alpng with a few switches made from 0.3mm brass rod. still need to make the boots for the bottom of the cyclics where they go into the floor. the overhead panel will have wires and the pump handle thingy added later.(maybe)
31500362526_735f29c73e_o.jpg

all fits OK
31500362756_6befaedca0_o.jpg

when the canopy is on it wont matter anyway, it will mostly be hidden. still worth dong though if only for the personal satisfaction.
31391948282_70f41f9638_o.jpg

• Like 4

Wow ! - really nice work on the cockpit.   From the resin parts as shown up above, I'd never have guessed that it could turn out as good as that.

Keep going - I know it's a pig, but you'll get the satisfaction of beating that Heritage kit into submission.   After that, you'll be able to tackle just about any kit with confidence

Yep - that's a proper little silk purse out of a sow's ear... one of those sow's ears that our dogs routinely chew to bits. :blink:  I thought this was supposed to be the best Wessex kit in the world?  It's not even the best Wessex kit in the box! :doh:

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yep - that's a proper little silk purse out of a sow's ear... one of those sow's ears that our dogs routinely chew to bits. :blink:  I thought this was supposed to be the best Wessex kit in the world?  It's not even the best Wessex kit in the box! :doh:

yup, that was indeed the advertising blurb, and i fell for it. Still whatever comes of it, at least i cant be accused of not trying 🤣

and what are you feeding your dogs? fresh pig or second hand kits!

31 minutes ago, hendie said:

Keep going - I know it's a pig, but you'll get the satisfaction of beating that Heritage kit into submission.   After that, you'll be able to tackle just about any kit with confidence

i have seen your epic wessex build and am shamelessly trying to steal bits of it.