Heritage Aviation 1/48 Wessex HC2

noeyedears

nearly there, nearly there. Don't give up now.

You have my utmost respect for gritting your teeth and staying with this one. From the pile of crap you started with, you've done a great job and produced a good Wessex worthy of display anywhere.

and the utmost thanks for blowing my - oh, should I have bought one of those when I had the chance? - conundrums right out of the water.   I am Soooooo glad I didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Its finished. It was not a pleasant experience. Thanks for the encouragement, it was sorely needed.
In the end it looks like a Wessex, and the small additions like the nitesun, ir jammer and aerials make it OK to look at, but it was far too much hard work to make me want to repeat it or reccommend the kit to anyone else.
Its the only GB i have failed to finish in time. cant blame that solely on the kit though.
Ill post a pic to prove it here and maybe a couple more in a RFI post. There are a few more in the same Flickr album.
Good luck to all yet to finish, and well done to those that did.

32849556680_c390a77a74_o.jpg
32849555820_eaec830a98_o.jpg

• Like 11

Looks like a Wessex but after the effort you put in probably anything would. Love the Nite sun, certainly add a little bit of a difference.

Some great modelling skills in this build and I hope a good sense of achievement at the end.

Well done.

Colin W

• Like 1

Congratulations on the finish, looks like a Wessex in the end. Glad you didn't take my advice and bin it. Another for the collection cabinet then.

Colin

• Like 1

Wow she turned out great in the end, all those trials and tribulations look worth it. You have certainly taken the proverbial pigs ear and turned it into a spanking Louis Vuitton leather wallet.

BZ young fellow!

Bob

• Like 1