Trumpeter 1/16 Tiger II

Trumpeter 1/16 Tiger II

Here is my Trumpeter Tiger II finally completed after almost 3 1/2 years. This project was a huge challenge, with lots of firsts for me. The base kit was modified with lots of aftermarket and scratch built items to increase the detail / accuracy. I won't go into detail about the build as it can all be found HERE. Just want to say a quick thanks to all those that followed the build and all the encouragement to get this build finished :thumbsup: 

35856765716_16d7217cf4_k.jpg1 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35509702470_959d91895d_k.jpg2 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35057916514_2abb9aadcb_k.jpg3 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35766213451_e70fb65adc_k.jpg5 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35057943714_c1af556929_k.jpg6 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35088314863_5d15c83ebb_k.jpg9 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35897653915_4a28ede75b_k.jpg4 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35856864506_90e00ea1cc_k.jpg8 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35088296893_d3bf5ecfee_k.jpg7 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35088326983_bdcb561729_k.jpg10 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35897749455_884a74b976_k.jpg1 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35728219382_f28f4b7f65_k.jpg2 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35728234912_2a1e7731c1_k.jpg3 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35766366421_13841fa538_k.jpg4 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35857010046_b47f89d52b_k.jpg5 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35766404821_c4e60d8787_k.jpg6 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35509925780_80cbb594cc_k.jpg7 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35897864835_1186a86897_k.jpg10 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35509992340_e573ed305f_k.jpg12 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35857124146_f038b9a075_k.jpg13 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

35510016400_cd94f116e0_k.jpg14 by Matt Tullier, on Flickr

Cheers

• Like 23

Brilliant Matt, been one hell of a build and have enjoyed watching every part of it. Just what happens to it now ! Will it be ending up hidden in a room for know one to see. this must be on show with all your building knowledge with it.

Thanks again Matt and hope to see another build from you again.

• Like 1

Words cannot do this build justice ! !  Has to be the best AFV build I've seen :worthy:

BillyD

Ps I never realised it carried so many rounds of ammunition.

• Like 1

A really nice build Matt with a different take on displaying the interior detail. I've only seen one that was comparable and that was done by Joe Long from our Club, Washington Model Club. After displaying at many shows over the last couple of years, Joe's piece was spotted by the guys at Bovington and now, Joe's KT has been donated to the museum and will be on display shortly. He did not do a cut-away but chose to suspend the turret and open/remove some of the hatches and covers to show the interior detail. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Brian

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the fantastic comments, really appreciate it after all the effort (and time!) that went into building it :thumbsup: 

I would be chuffed to bits if a museum were to approach me to display it but I doubt that will happen. There isn't really a modelling scene where I live and no dedicated modelling shows. It's likely it won't get any further exposure than this forum, friends and family. I'd love to take it to one of the UK shows but that would involve taking it by ship across the channel :S 

Ultimately though, I built it for my own satisfaction and to share with other like minded people on the forum. It will be the center piece of my collection and I'm happy with that :):)  

Brian, do you have a link to Joe's build? Would love to see it.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 3

Being very proud of the result, was magnificent and the cut to see the interior makes it even more interesting.
Unless thanks to the internet and forums, more people can enjoy such a great piece, for our joy and "envy" :jealous:... sigh

Well done!!!!. :mike:, cheers Matt

• Like 1

Matt great job with this epic build  :gobsmacked: jaw drooping gorgeous.

Not a link to Joe,s build but got a couple of photos from the Driffield ( East Yorkshire Show ) show last year

IMG_0570_zps3g39htpy.jpg

IMG_0571_zpsfphjomvc.jpg

Both models are stunning with so much detail but IMHO I like the look of your build as I think it shows more of the interior details with the cut away sections ( Sorry Joe )

Beefy

• Like 3

Cheers chaps :thumbsup:

Not sure whats next yet Mike. I have the Hobbyboss 1/16 Tiger in line for my next big build but I won't be starting that for a while. Might be tempted by the Tamiya Cromwell I have in the stash.

Cheers for pics Beefy, that is a very nice build indeed. Really like his idea for the turret stand.

• Like 3

Congrats on completing this magnificent build. I know you were petrified of spoiling the whole thing while painting the exterior, but with your skills that was unlikely to happen. And the exterior is perfect, while not detracting from the hyper-perfect interior!

As everyone says, your model deserves to be seen by 'the masses' either in a museum, in a magazine, or 'out on the road'. I'm not sure how PC it is, but maybe there are some museums in Germany that might like to add it to their collection?

Congrats again,

Badder.

• Like 1

Cheers again chaps for all the great comments :thumbsup:

On 11/9/2016 at 0:38 AM, Mike said:

How about a nice JagdTiger? :wicked:  yours for only a coupla hundy from your average model shop :devil:

Ha yeah, it is tempting! Think I will stick to 1/35 for a little while though. I haven't completed any other builds since I started this one!

18 hours ago, Badder said:

Congrats on completing this magnificent build. I know you were petrified of spoiling the whole thing while painting the exterior, but with your skills that was unlikely to happen. And the exterior is perfect, while not detracting from the hyper-perfect interior!

As everyone says, your model deserves to be seen by 'the masses' either in a museum, in a magazine, or 'out on the road'. I'm not sure how PC it is, but maybe there are some museums in Germany that might like to add it to their collection?

Congrats again,

Badder.

Have to admit I was a quite worried about the exterior paint job in the early stages. It didn't look great to me but I'm really happy with the final result. I didn't want to go nuts with the exterior as I wanted the interior to draw the eye the most, which I think it does :)

I think the only PC issue might be the SS 501 emblem on the front plate. I know they are strict on the swastika, but not sure on unit emblems. At some point I will look at getting it out of the house to be seen by more people but for now I'm happy with it being on my shelf :)

I've picked up a figure to go with it to provide a sense of scale so I will post up some more photos once it is complete. Also looking at a display case and a small information card to go with it to round it all off.

Cheers

Matt 

• Like 1