Mirage IIIC of EC 01/010

Hello fellow BM'ers,

Some photos of my recently finished Mirage IIIC Bleu.  The kit is the Italeri 1/32nd.  I made option 2 out of the box with replacement decals for the fly duck and roundels from the Berna sheet.  I also replaced the ejector seat with an Isracast resin example.

P1060984_zpsv8qeeoj0.jpg

P1060982_zpsi9jiuuhh.jpg

P1060974_zpshkm1p4qv.jpg

P1060977_zpsbshqlvc6.jpg

P1060967_zpslpghrs2f.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Zhizhou

• Like 16

Nice one Zhizhou!

It looks mightily impressive - I have just one question, what are you going to do in the GB if it gets the go ahead?

Thanks to all for your positive feedback, I appreciate it.

@ PaulT 876, you will indeed.  10-SD will be located immediately next to the French Air Forces stand.

@ Wez, I have a Heller 72nd Mirage IV and a ModelArt decal sheet and a PJ Production Mirage 5F ready and waiting for the Mirage Group Build kick-off.  Not sure if the Mirage IV will be a NMF A or a camouflaged P with CT52 recce pod. 

Spectacular Mirage!

What paint did you use for the bleu Mirage?

Congrats.

JR

Hi Jean,

I used Humbrol 230 PRU Blue.  I used Johnson's Klear (the original old stock) over the top of that for a gloss finish.  At that point I thought the bleu was looking too dark.  I usually use Xtracolor XDFF for the matt varnish, however I thought I would try Humbrol's matt clear varnish.  The first coat went on beautifully but the second coat blumed in a couple of areas, mainly the leading edges of the fin and air intakes.  I have since learned that using these humbrol varnishes in cool temperatures can lead to this bluming.   After much rubbing with a moist cotton bud and a bit of re-coating I got there in the end.  Fortunately the matt top coat did lighten the bleu to my satisfaction.

regards,

Zhizhou