FLY 1/32nd Hurricane IIb

Simon Cornes

Just picked mine up and its just as good as the rest but I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of 250lb bombs! In my mind I always think of the Airfix Series 2 kit - AE-K so the lack of bombs and shackles leaves me feeling slightly short changed!! As its also the most expensive FLY Hurricane - not FLY's fault I admit - then a pair of bombs plus shackles would have been appreciated but I'm sure Quickboost will come up with something soon enough!!

Simon

• Like 1

MDC, if you give them a call, apparently... or a spare set from a Tamiya Spitfire. A notice in the Wanted section on here is likely to work, given the number of 1/32 Tamiya Spitfires we've had on the forum over the years

Edited by Work In Progress

Thanks Guys - the Tamiya suggestion is very useful, thank you. Of course, the next thing is the shackles to hang them from - maybe Tamiya Spit again? Having now looked at MDC then maybe the Typhoon racks are the same as the one used on the Hurricane? No doubt the mechanicals are the same but with a different fairing?

Amazing that FLY don't provide though!!

Simon

Great minds Simon.  That was exactly the aircraft I wanted to do from the kit, so, like you was very disappointed bombs were not included.  The Tamiya Spit idea is an excellent one, and I can get Mal Mayfield to do a set of ,masks.  I feel a new project coming on!!

28 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

Great minds Simon.  That was exactly the aircraft I wanted to do from the kit, so, like you was very disappointed bombs were not included.  The Tamiya Spit idea is an excellent one, and I can get Mal Mayfield to do a set of ,masks.  I feel a new project coming on!!

Yup, and assisted by a glass of wine (any kind) it is bound go swimmingly!! I was thinking of Xtradecal for fuselage letters - 24" or 36" I assume? All things considered, pretty straight forward and we have a flying IIB over here in those 402 Squadron markings - Roy Cross has a lot to answer for!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FG2Si said:

If you need the ones included in the Tamiya Spitfire kit, let me know. I have a bunch of them I'll never use.

Carl

Hi Carl

Very many thanks for the offer Carl. I just wonder if the cost to post to UK might be prohibitive? I'll PM you anyway

Thanks

Simon