1/72 Sea King by Fujimi (Japanese markings)

Hello everyone.

I really wanted to make a WIP of this build but because 1) time constraints, 2) not having my own nor the borrowed laptop handy, and 3) a temporary problem with the image hosting website I use (postimage.org) I decided to go forego the WIP posts. Anyway, I posted the pictures of the assembly on my Facebook page -is it allowed to say FB here??? I wonder...-.

It was an extremely satisfactory build And I must insist that lacquer paints are the best! The model was entirely hand painted and no masking was used on the windshields. I made a great effort in painting the interior really well, (and the interior took me days) just to realize that you won't be able to see it ever again.

There were very few mistakes. The most notable one was the grey line on the door side. It is higher at the back than at the front, something you'd notice if the door were closed. That's why I had to leave the door open. And the floor visible through the open door has two color tones because the paint I used was a lacquer that I recovered from a solid dry state and it had changed tone by the time I used it at the "doorstep" after a little putty filling I had to do there.

The kit itself was strangely missing the interior ceiling by design but well.

Other than that, a spectacular model indeed.

KIMG1281.jpg

KIMG1282.jpg

KIMG1283.jpg

KIMG1285.jpg

KIMG1288.jpg

KIMG1289.jpg

KIMG1290.jpg

KIMG1291.jpg

KIMG1292.jpg

KIMG1293.jpg

KIMG1294.jpg

Oh, and I didn't paint the rotor blades exactly how they should be. Too much, too much.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Deon said:

That's a smart looking finish. I really like the Japanese markings on the helicopters. Some great schemes are availabl,e just not so easy to find in the UK

There is a 1/72 Hasegawa Sea Hawk, gloss white, with identical markings at my local hobby shop. Let me know if youre interested. I think it costs 1200 or 1300 Yen (theyre sold to me at the price printed on the box) and I can find out how much the post is to the UK through the public service.

21 hours ago, Red Dot said:

nice job Alberto. You are really getting into Japanese stuff.

Andy

Well yes. I unintentionally painted two jets in Imperial Navy green,. Im not 100% convinced just bcz Im familiar with the color but Im going till the end with it hoping theyll look fine. And one will look better than the other. In all, green has so many tones it is hard to get just the right one.

And thank you!