"Yellow wings", 1.72, Matchbox, Hasegawa, last Plane added 20.11.16

Wow your brushwork is really good. Love your yellow birds, well executed and original subjects!!

But still, may I ask why you don't use an airbrush/spraycan and what are the superior aspects to using brush painting in your experience? I'm interested to know why and how you came to this level of brush-mastery, it fascinates me. I've never been serious about brush painting myself even though I find it a much more elegant and skilful approach, tried it once or twice when I was young, flipped it up, never done so again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kasparov said:

Wow your brushwork is really good. Love your yellow birds, well executed and original subjects!!

But still, may I ask why you don't use an airbrush/spraycan and what are the superior aspects to using brush painting in your experience? I'm interested to know why and how you came to this level of brush-mastery, it fascinates me. I've never been serious about brush painting myself even though I find it a much more elegant and skilful approach, tried it once or twice when I was young, flipped it up, never done so again.

Hi Kasparow,

thanks for your kind words. Since i´ve started building Kit`s, around 40 years ago, i allways used a brush, first  of course there was no opportunity to use something else, but later i got a skill in using a brush, that i do not need to lern to use an airbrush. If you are starting with airbrush you will send some models to the rubbish until you are sastified. Further i do not have a spray cabin and i do my modelwork on my table into the living room. Not a good place to use an airbrush. Thats why i  still uses brushes and your post and many other posts make me stronger to stay with.

Best regards

Stefan

• Like 1