Tamiya 1/35 Sas Jeep

1 hour ago, LeeCarey74 said:

Excellent finish on the jeep and figures, Steve. Could I ask what paints you use and the colours used on the uniforms? I really like these SAS/LRDG jeeps crammed full with equipment. 

The Jeep and all it's equipment was base coated with Tamiya acrylics applied via airbrush, washed with artists oils and dry brushed with various shades of Humbrol  enamels. The figures were done exactly the same, with the exception of the flesh parts, which were done with artists oils straight from the tube.

Edited by Steve Noble
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the nice comments, I appreciate them. I bought a book many years ago by Francois Verlinden, "The System, Figure Painting" I basically use the methods set out in this book for the painting of the skin tones. It starts with a base coat of flesh coloured paint, then various tones of oil paints used straight from the tube onto this base coat, followed by them being blended with flat, dry brushes. It's an interesting way of doing the flesh tones and does give excellent results with a little patience.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...