Tornado Exhausts - Aires Resin

sailorboy61

I'm just doing the Aires exhausts for the Revell 1/32 Tornado.

Looking online for photo references prior to paining, images seem to show the burner much closer to the tail end than they are in the resin set. Is this just an optical illusion in the images because of the more end on angle of the shot? The resin set are certainly comparable in length to the kit plastic, but not sure that tells me much.

Tornado_ECR_46+55_12508.jpg

Any further information much appreciated

Simon

On 11/5/2016 at 18:34, sailorboy61 said:

I'm just doing the Aires exhausts for the Revell 1/32 Tornado.

Looking online for photo references prior to paining, images seem to show the burner much closer to the tail end than they are in the resin set. Is this just an optical illusion in the images because of the more end on angle of the shot? The resin set are certainly comparable in length to the kit plastic, but not sure that tells me much.

Any further information much appreciated

Simon

Is the nozzle set you have  for the GR1 / F2, marks,  or F3 tornado?  

The 1/32 Revell Tornado  GR1 and  F2 fighter kits had the correct  identical short tailpipes, The production F3 Tornado fighter had longer tailpipes. I suspect your set was produced to modify the 1/32 F2 kit into a F3. hence the longer back end.

Selwyn

Good informations at...

http://www.projectoceanvision.com/vox-10.htm

and

http://www.tornado-data.com/History/overview.htm :

"A number of the Mk101 engines were upgraded to the Mk103 standard. The Mk 103 included an improved lubrication system and modifications to improve its reliability. The Mk104 was optimised for mid and high altitude performance, it has a digital engine control system, FADEC(Full Authority Digital Engine Control) and a lengthened jet pipe hence the modifications to the rear fuselage of the F.3/ADV.  The Mk 105 is basically a Mk 103 with a modified compressor section that operates at a higher compression ratio than the Mk 103."

Tonka

Edited by Tonka