Somewhere in Britain - A small scene in N Gauge

nimrod54

Somewhere in Britain - A small scene in N Gauge

I have recently completed this little scene for the Vignette Group Build, the brief was that it had to fit on a base that had an area no bigger than 36 square inches (225sq.cms). Whilst Items could hang outside this area they had to be attached to the base, ie aircraft wings could sit outside but the model had to be attached.

This is the second bit of railway related modelling I have completed this year, with both builds coming after a very long break from that side of modelling. Due to the space restrictions running gauges are very tight and would not meet the standards required, and so in the end this became more of a collection of fond childhood memories spent living close to railways. There are more photos to be found in the Build Link  here.

Items used

Metcalffe Card Kits - Terrace, Wall and Road

Ratio - Streetlights

Noch - Figures

Hornby-Minitrix  -  Class 2MT 2-6-2

Peco - Rolling Stock and Fencing

Oxford Diecast - Vehicles

Sankey Signs - Grates, Manhole Covers, Street Name and Hydrant Sign

Javis/Gaugemaster - Additional scenic materials

DSC01452_zpsjpgftbgy.jpg

DSC01456_zpslwcqzm0m.jpg

DSC01450_zpssvufplrh.jpg

DSC01449_zps9swqiixv.jpg

DSC01448_zpsmdat0mxp.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice indeed, great work, it is all about having fun.

If you are interested have a look on the model railway site RMWEB as there is a section on Micro and boxfile layouts which is amazing seeing what people can do with a very small space .

Keep up the good work

All the best
Chris

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Chris, I will check that site out. I am thinking of reviving the N gauge stuff but on a much smaller scale than the layout I had before we were married, so it will give me some ideas and hopefully show me how things have changed over the last thirty-odd years.