1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109A/B/C/D by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - released - new B-2 boxings

Homebee

• 1 month later...

I realize this thread is for AMG's models. But for someone that has seen the cost and some not so complimentary reviews. Can any of the major manufacturers please give us an update/backdate set to bring an Emil to a Dora standard ? These are historically significant (spanish civil war & polish campaign) aircraft that deserve to be modeled and sadly they are ignored. Anyone please !!! 

I've just had a quick look in the box of the kits I ordered for my own stash and I have to say that they look to be much more refined than the Avis kits and if they build as well as they look then this'll be the new standard for the Jumo engined Bf109s in the Gentleman's scale.

There are still some tweaks required depending on which version you want to build as the vents on the fuselage sides will not be in the correct place for each variant but a little filler and a bit of scribing will sort that out for those who are bothered. Cockpit details also vary so that spade type control column is great for the Anton but will need replaced for anything else.

Nit picking really, if the overall shape is good then we can live with (or actually model out) the discrepancies.

Duncan B 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I realize this thread is for AMG's models. But for someone that has seen the cost and some not so complimentary reviews. Can any of the major manufacturers please give us an update/backdate set to bring an Emil to a Dora standard ? These are historically significant (spanish civil war & polish campaign) aircraft that deserve to be modeled and sadly they are ignored. Anyone please !!! 

Which reviews do you mean?

9 hours ago, Branky said:

Aviation Megastore is working on the 1/72 Bf109's but has a dispute over the prices. When that is worked out and the order placed they will come on the website

Good, I want one :)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sroubos said:

Yeah, he highlights the wing issue which I already remarked on above.  The engine part breakdown is always a concern. Seems it will be a challenging build. 

If you'll excuse me, I'll tell you. "
Building a model is not difficult. The details fit well.
A special wing unit requires a little more time for processing and quite a bit of putty.
Two models that I was able to build in three days, + a day for decals and a little bit of a vesering. And it was not 8 hours of working time ... :)

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

• Like 8

On 13/08/2017 at 5:02 AM, FZ6 said:

Hannants have these in stock now. I didn't know this was going to be released and I've just purchased an AML boxing of the Avis kit

Hello FZ,

The AML boxing has some nice extras. 

I've built more of these things than any other kit; I still haven't got it 'right' yet.

I can certainly save you a lot of frustration with some things you can do to help it go together, before starting with the glue.

I'll not move this thread away from topic, I'll send you a PM. I'm no self appointed expert but if anyone would like some good tips on the old Avis/Amodel/AML kits, just drop me a PM.

A replacement canopy is very desirable.

This AMG kit looks a lot better in many ways. I agree completely with @Duncan B's sentiments towards these new Jumo engined 109 kits; they're very welcome :).

I would recommend Steelwork models in Germany for those wanting Spanish Civil War decals for these (and just about anything else). I've been dealing with him for years and he's a very reliable nice chap:

https://shop.strato.de/epages/61299018.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61299018/Products/SD7203

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2

Dora Wings is to release a 1/72nd Messerschmitt Me.109A/B "Legion Condor" kit - ref. 72-011 - based on the Arsenal Model Group (AMG) Me.109A/B/C/D kit 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2157783251118907&id=1929101897320378

Decals

31950353_2157783121118920_85398330941175

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

The upwards step on the cowling behind the spinner is much too pronounced IMO.

It offsets the sleek nose look of the original.

Otherwise it looks good I think.

• 1 month later...

New boxing

- ref. 72406 - Messerschmitt Bf.109D Poland 1939

Source:  http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/messerschmitt-bf-109d-poland-1939-1-72-16176/samoloty-i-szybowce-1-72-2

amg72406_1.jpg

- ref. 72407 - Messerschmitt Bf.109C Legion Condor

Source: 

http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/messerschmitt-bf-109c-legion-condor-1-72-16177/

amg72407_1.jpg

- ref. 724?? - Messerschmitt Bf.109D Legion Condor

Source: https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-72-Bf-109D-Legion-Condor-NEW-AMG-multimedia-kit-PE-resin/392063757488?hash=item5b48d22cb0:g:EvkAAOSwDrVbINmS

s-l1600.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1