AIM72 Vickers B.2 Valiant

Just wanted to show the fruits of my labour with the AIM72 Vickers B.2 Valiant conversion. It was a surprisingly simple conversion with all of the parts fitting easily and really producing a nice rendition of the 'Black Bomber'. The white metal undercarriage builds up into nicely detailed units, and certainly weighty.

B2%2011.jpg  B2%208.jpg  B2%207.jpg  B2%206.jpg  B2%205.jpg  B2%202.jpg

B2%201.jpg  B2%209.jpgB2%2010.jpg

XVTonker  :pilot:

• Like 46

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:41 PM, xvtonker said:

Just wanted to show the fruits of my labour with the AIM72 Vickers B.2 Valiant conversion. It was a surprisingly simple conversion with all of the parts fitting easily and really producing a nice rendition of the 'Black Bomber'. The white metal undercarriage builds up into nicely detailed units, and certainly weighty.

B2%2011.jpg  B2%208.jpg  B2%207.jpg  B2%206.jpg  B2%205.jpg  B2%202.jpg

B2%201.jpg  B2%209.jpgB2%2010.jpg

XVTonker  :pilot:

Thanks for the feedbacks guys, I'm getting another conversion kit and plan to do the next one in a 'what if' 1950's/60' operation scheme. Probably with a camouflaged upper surface & black undersides........XVTonker 

• Like 3

On 05/11/2016 at 4:36 PM, xvtonker said:

Thanks for the feedbacks guys, I'm getting another conversion kit and plan to do the next one in a 'what if' 1950's/60' operation scheme. Probably with a camouflaged upper surface & black undersides........XVTonker 

I've now decided to go for the ultimate V-bomber, that's all I'm going to say for now......:-)

XVTonker

• 1 year later...

Hello XVTonker

A superb job.....puts mine into the shade.

However, I wonder if anyone can help to complete the B2?

Looking at various photos of this aircraft, it appears that it carried what appears to be a crest of some description on the starboard side.

See page 32 of Eric Morgan's Vickers Valiant Aerofax book.

Any clues where I can get hold of a decal representing it or indeed what it is?

All help etc... gratefully received.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, TSR2_FAN said:

Hello XVTonker

A superb job.....puts mine into the shade.

However, I wonder if anyone can help to complete the B2?

Looking at various photos of this aircraft, it appears that it carried what appears to be a crest of some description on the starboard side.

See page 32 of Eric Morgan's Vickers Valiant Aerofax book.

Any clues where I can get hold of a decal representing it or indeed what it is?

All help etc... gratefully received.

After looking at the picture you referenced you're absolutely right about there being something on the starboard side of the nose.

After digging through the pictures I have managed to find of the B.2 I found these two which show that the markings are escape markings & wording around the navigators window which, I assume on the B2 was also an escape hatch.

WJ954 Stbd nose #1

WJ954 Stbd nose #2

All I need to do now is try and find out what the wording was and what colour....

XVtonker  :pilot:

• Like 1

It's the stb'd emergency hatch markings below the window in yellow, and the ejector seat warning at the top.

B.1s had similar markings, you might be able to get the text from pics of the one at Cosford.

Hello XVTonker & 71Chally,

Thank you both very much for the information.........

One last question, do the emergency hatch markings also appear on the port hatch?

Many thanks

Regards

Ian