***Finished*** A little & Not so little WIP

Well, attempted to mask off the white and failed, so brushed on some white anyway, maybe Ill be able to mask the red or perhaps even try and free hand it, also clearfix worked for all but one window, but then I realised makes no difference if there transparent or not, so I paint them gloss black and mask them 

B607B0FC-22D1-4F7E-8BF1-9C192B8BFA1E_zps 

• Like 3

What are you using to mask? If it's not Tamiya tape, I'd get some. It's the bees knees. You'll need to push it into the nooks and crannies with a cocktail stick mind to stop that pesky leaking. Looking good chap.:)

john

Edited by The Spadgent

the JP looks good, but I can see you are struggling with the brush painted white.

Do yourself a favour and invest in a Tamiya spray can of white!!!! You'll never look back!

Have fun.

JR

18 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

What are you using to mask? If it's not Tamiya tape, I'd get some. It's the bees knees. You'll need to push it into the books and crannies with a cocktail stick mind to stop that pesky leaking. Looking good chap.:)

john

I  been using tamiya for a long time,  though that reminds me I must order another roll ASAP,  not much left on the current one, but its not suitable in this case, the demarcation is curved so need something more flexiable

18 hours ago, jean said:

the JP looks good, but I can see you are struggling with the brush painted white.

Do yourself a favour and invest in a Tamiya spray can of white!!!! You'll never look back!

Have fun.

JR

Not struggling with the paint it brushes on fine, its the masking as per above, the demarcation is not friendly.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I  been using tamiya for a long time,  though that reminds me I must order another roll ASAP,  not much left on the current one, but its not suitable in this case, the demarcation is curved so need something more flexiable

Maybe try Tamiya tape for curves. It's pretty good. If not you could cut the masking tape into shape before application. Or as I have seen done.

tape on, sketch democration line, peel off, cut, re-apply. :)

worth a shot?

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 5:33 PM, The Spadgent said:

Maybe try Tamiya tape for curves. It's pretty good. If not you could cut the masking tape into shape before application. Or as I have seen done.

tape on, sketch democration line, peel off, cut, re-apply. :)

worth a shot?

Johnny.

hmm looked at that stuff, snot sure it would work, at least for the gentle curve from the cockpit back, probably would suit the nose bit though

anyway bit more done on the lanc, windows masked, some painting, sanding and more painting done 

349A6B11-ACF8-4E7C-BF4B-955A519B4BF5_zps

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was progressing well on the lanc, but its now stalled, as I ran over the nose turret so am awaiting on airfix much maligned spares service.....also the JP is no more, seems I stuffed sockpit top postinign up so the canopy won't close, past caring about this build anyway

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Had hoped to get this ready for decalling before Christmas, not going to happen, had some issues with the upper camo, sanded it down, repainted it, but the dark earth dried funny in places so had to resand it, think the issue was the brush wasn't dry enough I was using the same one for 3 different models....also had some issues with the props, had to use a couple from the spares box to allow them to all rotate.  Maybe I can crack on tommorow though I've already said I would be collecting something a bit larger from my LHS.......

96683321-DF38-425A-9817-4F0473096C6F_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Mould sure hasn't got time to appear on your kit boxes, as your processing rate would make GM jealous!

I find this really impressive.

The Lancaster is a beauty, although I do prefer the GR.1 as far as size is concerned!

Keep up the good work

JR

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An update, been silent on the lanc, well I can confirm my issues with the camouflage continued, in the end the paint was so thick the panel lines were long gone, I decided to strip it, now its back on camo this time looks much better, and going to mask the leading edges this time

E0CD0E00-B64B-4E55-BCC8-160576B4FD5E_zps

• Like 2

Progressed quite nicely, just cleaning up the cockpit before the canopy can go on, so hopefully will be able to get the decals on over the weekend. Which brings me two the 2nd part of this thread, didn't get round to starting the harrier, and now decided to leave that for the upcoming nato 70's GB. Of course that leaves me without  little WIP, but not much choice in that department., perhaps Ill be boring and do another airfix early spitfire

05466B95-6E63-455D-A6FE-F2245BEF0F3C_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Well slight hiccup with the lanc, removed the masking from the canopy only to find the paint came off with it, so have to free hand it like I do on other builds....also noticed the reglued port tail fin was misalgined so got some fettling to get it back on firmly and correctly aligned, also added all the little bits hopefully once the canopy done I can add it and varnish it 

CAAF4824-D711-47F8-8D95-2262561DAB31_zps

also made a start on the spit

EBB40F72-0484-4319-89DC-9D450657A32C_zps

• Like 2

Nice to see the lanc back. Nice re done paint. :thumbsup: Do you have windows in there (side ones)? The boy nearly pushed his into the fuselage while masking up. The Revel ones came in one easily push in able section. I was wondering if the Airfix ones were the same?

John.

Realigning the tail proved more difficult, in the end my old man had to step in and assist, a couple of screw ends did the job as pins. Now just needs the canopy added which Ive not got round to yet. To answer the question no, stripping the paint loosened most of the window pieces so I just pushed them all in and will clearfix it

9AFFC60A-46FF-4C7E-89CB-92B6DB178514_zps

some paint is now on the spit 

D9F966FF-6F39-419E-BEEC-78B387D3BCA7_zps

• Like 2