***Finished*** A little & Not so little WIP

Well I have been informed to my annoyance that a kit I ordered from wonderland is not in stock so it may be some time before my order inc the signal red paint arrives, so not much point cracking on with this, though I have glued the cockpit togethor.....anyway I have today picked up another kit, and perhaps I shall transform this thread in a double build, titled edit coming,

Onto that, almost exactly a year ago I embarked on the airfix lancaster for the 2nd time, the first time I attempted only a few months after my first kit, I was not ready for such a daunting kit and it went badly. The 2nd time was much more successful, and although I didn't end up with a finished lanc on display looking back It made a good practice build and this time I know what I'm doing so can be confident of success. So off we goavro-lancaster-biii-operation-chastise-p

• Like 3

Well it's underway, no pics as photobucket is still down, already had my first disaster, part of the yoke snapped off and vanished when I attempted to glue it back on, a forensic search of the floor yielded nothing so I suspected it was lost for good, fortunately I discovered it superglued to my trousers a hour later

• Like 4

On 04/11/2016 at 9:36 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Well it's underway, no pics as photobucket is still down, already had my first disaster, part of the yoke snapped off and vanished when I attempted to glue it back on, a forensic search of the floor yielded nothing so I suspected it was lost for good, fortunately I discovered it superglued to my trousers a hour later

Actually lolled. :lol:

• Like 1

well be informed my wonderland order is now on its way so I should be able to crack on with the JP, done a bit more to the lanc, though I do have a little problem, noticed one of the front window peices has fallen out, that could be tricky getting it back in, maybe clearfix will have to replace it

0ADF78D4-7D0C-44E6-8192-F3255948A3A7_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

well the clearfix seems to have done the job, but more woe is about, seems a couple of the others are loose depsite the fact I superglued them all in, brushed a load of clearfix in and hoping if left for a day or too it will hold when I mask them up.

-

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Wow these have gone together very quickly! I have the Lancaster, it looks pretty scary to build :door: !

The Provost looks good in those nice bright colours :thumbsup2: !

All the best

TonyT