Ww1 horror of the trenches

kpnuts

Excellent work and a great way to educate the youngsters instead of reading it in a book!Some great work on the various explosion's etc

and I really love the Aircraft vignette with that winter setting,

Hi all I decided to put the decals on before I put the wings on or the rigging as I can see it being very fiddly after, I'm figuring that maybe I will rig each layer of wings before I add the next layer, I know nothing about rigging planes, is this a good method or will it cause problems later on.
28swpiq.jpg

Now I'm confused, the instructions show the crossover rigging in the wings going through them with the middle of the cross intersecting the centre of the wing the box art shows the starting at the inside of the top wing and going in front of the other two and seeming to attach to the undercarriage and crossing below the centre wings, photos on Google are inconclusive, personally it would be easier if they didn't go through the wings, which is correct.

Depends on who built the original; the wire from top of the outer strut could go in front of the wing to a point on the fuselage about halfway between the u/c struts, but it is actually tight against the middle wing, on some airframes I noticed that this wire went through the middle wing, just a few inches in, about 1mm into the middle wing on the model. I rigged my Tripe with that wire outside the wing.

Sopwith%20Triplane%2016s_zpsmrxjlr6h.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all well here is the next update, I'm not happy with it but hey, that's par for the course, me and planes just plain don't mix.
The one thing in my advantage is none of the kids will probably never have seen a triplane and even if they had it would have probably been the red barons so they won't know if it's right or wrong.
2ytz4ah.jpg
ifaous.jpg
1eau5i.jpg
In my defence it's tiny it's only 75 mm long and a wing span of only 110 mm 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Beautiful diorama.

Regarding the German plane I think that the broken off wing is much too clean. Considering that the planes were made of plywood and fabric, I would expect torn fabric and pieces of wood sticking out here and there.

• 4 weeks later...